Getting over it

by Seven 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Seven
    Seven

My favorite Jewel from "pieces of you." I finally
    found the time to practice some guitar. This one is for you William-if you're lurking.

DON'T/Don't walk too close/Don't breathe-so soft/Don't talk so sweet/Don't sing/Don't lay-oh so near/Please, don't let me fall in love with you
    again/Please...let me forget/all those sweet smiles/all of the passion/all of the peace, the heat, the pain/all the blue skies/when your words were my freedom/Please, don't let me fall in love with you again/Too many times/I've cared too much/
    I stood on the edge/and saw that you held my hand/
    and knowing too well/I couldn't hide from those eyes/Please, don't let me fall in love with you-again.

L.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I'm not William, but it's very nice.

BTW, you have a great voice!

• Seven
    Seven

Frenchy, You are much too sweet and sensitive to be William. He couldn't write the beautiful poetry you do. I would have posted a song for you but I'm much too shy. :)

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I thank thee, fair lady for those kindly words. Ah but for all the sensitiviy thou would bestow upon me, my fair lady, methinks your heart is with William. Though he be slow of tongue and hard of heart, he hath won your fair heart and till he releases such I fear that none other shall ever attain to that most precious and intimate chamber wherein your affections lie. Your love flutters within this chamber which hath been barred and only one hath possession of the key. But hope is not lost for love is a strange and enchanting thing. Left alone in the cold darkness of lonliness it withers and dies. But as the relentless march of time passes over the cold ashes one day a spark appears and love rises from the eternal pit like the fabled phoenix and once again hope fuels the fire and passion fans the flames until once again it rages hotter than the dessert sun in summer. It bursts forth from the cold, dark chamber and emerges into the light and claims its time under the sun.

In this way, fair one, love is eternal. But though love be that way, alas, we are not. We be tied to time which is forever conveying us to the darkness of eternity and so tarry not too long in that dark chamber of despair and lonliness but swing open wide its door and step into the light and free your heart from its bondage and let it fly again while there is yet time. For time is fleet of foot and hastens us to where there is no light and no love.

The French knight bows graciously and kisses the lady's hand.

• Seven
    Seven

To the French knight-Many thanks for your thoughtful advice and understanding. I am afraid however I have been betrayed by the not so sweet
    Prince William.It has come to my attention that in
    a distant kingdom, there was also another "lady(sucker)-in-waiting." Methinks I have been used and my emotions toyed with in the cruelest possible manner. I have not given up on love. I am
    just in need of a break from the knaves and twits
    that inhabit my Kingdom(Hall).

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

To Lady Seven: Well said, fair one. Everywhere about these halls there is treachery! But love hath neither wisdom nor foresight. Blindly it walks about down dark and dangerous corridors unawares of dangers that lurk in the shadows cast by the flickering, smoldering candles. I say unawares of dangers but rather still love appears to favor the danger and recklessly plunges forth insanely though certain destruction awaits it. Like the moth drawn to the fatal flame, love lunges forth and impales itself upon the lance of the uncaring. Such is the nature of love.

I have imbibed a tankard of ale and I am moved to tell you a story. 'Tis an old tale and not of my invention though I wish it were. You may have heard of it but even so perhaps the telling of it again shall a lesson bring to us all this quiet evening while the day settles in and contemplates its slumber.

There was once a young man who lived with his mother. In time, as is the custom with young men, he fell in love with a lovely but heartless and cold wench. The kindly old mother with only the deepest of concern for the only son which she loved so tried her best to convince the young lad of the folly of giving his heart to such a vixen. The young man, of course, was blinded by his passions for the lovely lass and all his mother's words came to naught.

Though the young woman was want of heart she was not so dull as to know that the young man whom she craved to have as her own would never truly be hers completely as long as the mother remained. So one quiet evening while soft breezes carried the fragrance of jasmine in the warm air, she whispered in his ear while they were entangled in a lover's embrace: "Do you love me?" And the young man, full of passion and desire for the lovely siren whispered to her loudly: "With all of my heart!"

"Then bring to me your mother's heart in your hand this evening." The young man was crushed to hear these words from the lips of the one whom he loved so. For tho he loved the fair maiden more than life itself, he loved his mother dearly also. The pale maiden whispered once more to him. "Do this for me or return to me nevermore"

With his heart broken he walked away from the garden and the beautiful maiden. All the way home his heart ached at the prospect of seeing no more the woman who haunted his every thought. In the end he could take it no more and braced his mind for the foul deed he must perform. He dashed into his house and plunged his dagger deep into his mother's chest and cut her heart out.

Weeping and trembling over what he had done still he clutched the bleeding heart that was yet beating and ran as fast as he could to show the maiden the extent of his love. In his haste he tripped and fell as he entered the garden where the cold hearted wench awaited him. And as he fell to the ground he heard his mother's heart say to him: "Did thou hurt thyself, my son?"

And so it be with love that so often it is witheld from the one most deserving and given to the one which places no value on it.

The French Knight

Edited by - Frenchy on 30 May 2000 20:39:51

• Seven
    Seven

To the French Knight-Thou rocks my world!! Once
    again you have found the appropriate words to make
    my evening pass peacefully rather than in dispair.
    There are times when we should be thankful that the past is just that-the past. Now I move on with
    the realization that I am better off for having survived to love another day.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

My fair one is gaining wisdom I see. To know that I have somehow, in a small way, helped to alleviate a portion of the anguish which thou harborest brings great comfort to mine own heart. And so I thank thee for the fleeting moments we share in this virtual kingdom. For it is here alone that this knight can ride his steed of good intent through the mists of confusion and rescue star bred damsels from peril.

The French Knight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit