I want to take them down

by cookiemaster 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Hey guys! Some of you might know about my latest clash with the elders. I see the pressure this cult is putting on my family. It's getting worse. My mother ruined her life because of them. She abandoned her family and never talked to them again when an older JW woman successfully brainwashed her in her teenagehood. Now, more than 40 years later, she suffers from serious depression, that is only made worse by the elders and other JW's. They're constantly guilt tripping her for not coming to the K Hall more, doing more hours in service and shit like that, even though they know she has both a heart condition and depression, and we live far from the Hall. Now, they're making a big deal out of one of my facebook comments.

I hate this cult. I want to see this cult destroyed. I want to stop it from destroying other people's lives. I want to take it down. And so, I've been thinking about it. I thought about the internet, the media, "apostates" and all the other things that could pose a threat to the cult. I don't think any external attack would work. Maybe a large scale internet or media campaign that reveals the evilness of this cult would work for waking up some, but they'd lose only a tiny percentage of followers, at best.

What could work though, would be taking them down from the inside. Imagine if a group of awake JW's would work their way to the top (or already be there, but that's more unlikely), and by taking coordinated action, would begin drastic changes in doctrine or make ridiculous prophecies official (or whatever else would work) to destroy this cult. Sort of like creating another 1975, but much worse and intentional. Anyway, I think we should organize ourselves and take action against this cult. I see it as a moral duty to prevent more lives getting wasted by the evil corporation. What do you guys think? What's the best way to take WT down (partially at least)?

• freddo
    freddo

Sorry you're hurting cookie but you won't bring them down. Don't waste your life trying. Now trying to get a loved one out - that is a worthwhile endeavour.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Pinky and the brain , kinda stuff.......sounds good..; )

Totally with ya bro ! ! !

• Londo111
    Londo111

Getting 'apostates' to take "coordinated action" is like herding cats.

The Internet has really help slow growth and facillitated the exits of many already. Growth will continue to slowly decline.

Over the long term, the Watchtower will crumble entirely. But it will not happen overnight.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can just imagine wasting 20 more years trying to rise through the ranks, only to realize that I was really a lone wolf. I don't think I could swallow that much hypocrisy.

You simply cannot rise to the top without straight up lying. I can't do that. What I can do, is to use social media and tell TTATT. Perhaps critical mass will build??

DD

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Anyway, I think we should organize ourselves and take action against this cult. I see it as a moral duty to prevent more lives getting wasted by the evil corporation. What do you guys think? What's the best way to take WT down (partially at least)?

It's not going to happen, but for the sake or argument, let's pretend it could.

How exactly do you see this happening? How do we organize? How do we rise to the top? How do we ensure no one is a mole that will get us all DF'ed? How do you deal with those that want reform vs. outright desolation vs. those that want to convert everyone to another Jesus cult vs. those preaching another religion?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Billboards signs "Why do JW's break up families"? Ask your local JW.

The problem, money..

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Remember that the best revenge is living a successful life. Don't look back - look ahead.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

CM, we hate it too, but it is a waste of precious time and energy to try and destroy them.

Living well is the best revenge.

Try and help the people you love, but know you can't change another person. It's hard enough to change ourselves!

• kairos
    kairos

My opinion is that once the current lot of 30-40 year olds die off, that will be the end of them.

With growth from recruiting slowed to near the international birth rate and only 30 percent of children staying in, it's going to take something really special for them to continue and exist.

My bigger question is WHO is really running this and possibly other cults for financial gain?
    I sure the "real" answer would be nearly unbelievable.

Like to know where all of the money went, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit