Why are people burning their city to the ground in Baltimore? How doe Looting and Mob Violence Help?

by PokerPlayerPhil 184 Replies latest social current

• cappytan
    cappytan

Other than this single post, I refuse to participate further in this discussion because it is so maddening.

You know, if you don't break the law, the likelihood of your having hostile contact with the police goes down considerably.

To paraphrase Jim Carrey in Liar Liar: "STOP BREAKING THE LAW, A$$HOLES."

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm sure all the looters and rioters have a long list several pages long of arrest records. The 'thugs' of this country have two agendas, 1. Thugs should be allowed to be dressed in thug attire and walk around nice middle and upper class areas or go into malls and areas they intend to rob with hoodies drawn up high without any trouble from police or guards and also able to attack, run away, or not ever be confronted or held accountable. Thugs are a gift to society and everybody should be happy to let them steal, rob, and do whatever they want. Thugs know many love them so when these riots break out, the riot police let themselves be attacked without stopping the thugs or arresting them because the riot police know the middle and upper class would also be upset if they defended themselves and some other thugs got hurt or possible died.

And 2. Deep down the thugs really don't care about their own, that's why each year tens of thousands of thugs killed other thugs vs about 100 by police (whether self defense, accidentally, or a rogue officer). But they love these situations to loot and destroy. They'll join in to see what they can steal without getting caught.

Too bad the police and government don't use these riots as an opportunity to round up all the criminals and leeches and send ship them out. Crime would drop by 80% in said areas.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"In Ferguson local people identified that the ones destroying were not from Ferguson."

Did any of the looters in ferguson look like they had a job, could afford a car, even a bus ticket? Maybe those local people are the same who were looting. Or more denial of what and where the problems really lie? Many quotes and reports in Baltimore about "all the young people", and how they shouldn't be arrested or anything just sent home to go to school or work.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Here is where it gets fun, let us see if you can be truthful.

"Too bad the police and government don't use these riots as an opportunity to round up all the criminals and leeches and send ship them out. Crime would drop by 80% in said areas"

EndofMysteries here is a great question, where do YOU think they should be SHIPPED to?

• Village Idiot
  • 20years_to_get_free
    20years_to_get_free
    When the government, as represented by the police, start a war by killing its citizens in the street, it seems a bit hypocritical to then ask for a "time out" when the people begin to fight back. Baltimore has a LONG history of police brutality. Look at the money they have paid out in the last 15-20 years to settle brutality cases. All is fair in war. Just look at how we have conducted ourselves overseas.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark
    The good old second ammend and its right to bear arms. So many of my friends state that it is needed in order to be sure that we can protect ourselves from a corrupt government. People on the streets in Baltimore are being mistreated by government agents. I wonder if these citizens started to hide behind that and began protecting themselves with guns if they would be supported
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas

I've been thinking about this Police brutality a lot recently. Seems like the "victims" in a majority of these cases recently, all have criminal records. Yes, the Police have used excessive force against these guys. But you can wonder if these people weren't putting themselves in these "situations" to come in contact with the police, would the brutality happen? In California recently, there was a criminal that led the Police on a chase. He stole a car, later a horse, and he was beaten when he got caught. He ended up with a settlement for $650,000. That's right $650,000! http://abc7.com/news/man-to-get-$650k-for-beating-arrest-after-horseback-chase/674512/Do take note that he is white but still a career CRIMINAL. I would take that arse whopping for a little of that money! Anyways, I'm black and I've ONLY been stopped once for expired tags. I knew it was my fault and I took the fix it ticket and got the new tags. I have NO CRIMINAL RECORD and I've never been harassed by the police. It's possible

• 20years_to_get_free
    20years_to_get_free
    Last I knew, having a criminal record did not entitle the police to execute you in the street. In fact, most "crimes" don't have any punishment even close to the death penalty, much less lynching, which is what the police are doing. Having a badge doesn't exempt them from the law. Except that it does in the US.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

Do take not that the police beat the man to within an inch of his life for no reason. Did you see the video of what they did to him when he was caught on the ground in handcuffs. They kicked him in the head repeatedly. They punched him and beat him with sticks while he was cuffed on the ground. I don't care what crime that man committed it is not the job of police to beat someone once they are subdued.

How does having a criminal record justify getting shot or beaten unnecessarily. That is like saying a convicted rapist lives across the street and if he ever gets arrested he should be beaten to death because of what he did in the past? I have been stopped numerous times and harassed in multiple states. No record here either. I knew multiple friends in the town I grew up in who were harassed, beaten, shot and 1 even raped by a police officer. A few reported it and it resulted in them being picked on worse and tormented.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit