They might be driving me nuts

by stillin 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Oh! I forgot to mention, the brother doing the part about using the carts kept emphasizing that a publisher must QUALIFY to do this SPECIAL work.

This is not suprising since we are told we must be footstep followers of Christ and if you'll recall from your study of the Bible that even in Jesus day, only certain Apostles were qualified to man the literature carts. All others had to confine their preaching activity to placing the Watchtower and Awake magazines the old fashioned way.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Magnum: This incident reminds me of one of my main complaints about JWdom - the lack of opportunity for honest, sincere criticism.

Exactly. This is also one of the things that distinguish a legitimate religion from a cult.

Magnum: Suppose there had been someone in the audience who was really concerned about the effectiveness of the cart witnessing. Could he have voiced his concern?

Sure they could have voiced their concern or disagreement, but only at the risk of social sanctions ranging from dirty looks to judgmentally dismissive comments, from a talk by the elders on the need to be "humble" to ostracism and shunning.

Again, proof that this is not a healthy group, but a high-control, authoritarian cult.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FHM: I would love to go stand next to the cart with a sign that quotes from an article from the the WTS with their real view [about higher education], then a statement, "Why not ask these Witnesses about it?"

Brilliant! Counter-Witnessing.

I love it!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

the brother doing the part about using the carts kept emphasizing that a publisher must QUALIFY to do this SPECIAL work.

That's pretty effin' funny!

What "qualifications" exactly does a person need to stand next to a magazine rack?

I would guess first on the list would be the ability to stand in one place for an extended period of time.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Would YOU walk up to either of these people? Excuse me, carts?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

These two are at least smiling, but if you ask me, it's a little to much! Kinda' creepy ...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oh, look, the cart didn't have enough space for all the literature. It was convenient that these kids were available to hold the extras:

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Just when you think it can't possibly get any more ridiculous, they bring us this:

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The two loyal brothers really stand behind their preaching work:

Please note the light getting brighter!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Tony Morris III has a lot of nerve talking about tight pants and metrosexuals when the Cart Song is the most metrosexual thing I have heard in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit