They might be driving me nuts

by stillin 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    They are slaves and they know it.
  • mimimimi
    mimimimi
    Powerful witness is nothing more than a sound bite. These people are so deluded.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

"Did you see them lookin' at us? They were lookin' at us! Hey! Look at us everybody!"

Nobody wants to look at you.

That reminds me of when I was a kid out in service, and some rude teenagers yelled as we left, "I see ya, but I don't wanna be ya! Hahaha!"

I thought ... I don't wanna be me, either.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    I feel like they'd do better if they just removed the carts and just started putting "JW.org" ads on all the NYC subway cars. People pay more attention to that anyway.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The cart work is only important "in-house"...

Seriously, NO ONE CARES!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A woman took a tract

... to get the gum off her shoe.

• stillin
    stillin

Oh! I forgot to mention, the brother doing the part about using the carts kept emphasizing that a publisher must QUALIFY to do this SPECIAL work.

i can just imagine the interview. "Brother Stillin, let's see your pleasant look on your face."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No wonder the Carts are so popular , you just have to sit on your ass and wait for someone to come by, you can play a game on your phone or tablet enjoying the easy to make hours.

No abrupt confrontation with people who give you a hard time at their private homes.

There is most likely a JWS who builds these things and sells them for a profit

• Magnum
    Magnum

Suppose that JWs hadn't yet starting cart witnessing, but that Baptists were doing it. From my years of experience with JWs, I know what the comments by them would be like. Instead of praising the work, they'd be making fun of it, saying how ineffective it is and accusing Baptists of wasting their time and being scared of going door-to-door. They'd make comments about Baptists like some of the ones above that you made about them (JWs).

This incident reminds me of one of my main complaints about JWdom - the lack of opportunity for honest, sincere criticism. All the comments at the meetings have to be positive - in complete agreement with the material being considered. In the case mentioned in the OP, all the comments had to praise the work. But suppose there had been someone in the audience who was really concerned about the effectiveness of the cart witnessing. Could he have voiced his concern?

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Isn't it hideously ironic that JWs like to park a cart and young people near a University when they feel that higher education is a tool of Satan? How hypocritical can they get? I would love to go stand next to the cart with a sign that quotes from an article from the the WTS with their real view, then a statement, "Why not ask these Witnesses about it?"

I'll bet some of the young people are highly desirous of going in with the students to really learn something....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit