They might be driving me nuts

by stillin 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

the "boasting session" last night included forcing the congregation to watch that stupid witnessing cart video. That wasn't enough, oh no. Then the brother handling the part discusses what a "powerful witness" is being given each time those carts roll out into public view.

Experiences: had a nice conversation with a young man

A woman took a tract

Lots of people went by and saw us

insipid? Aaaaaargh!

Recently a sister mentioned how such a "powerful witness" was given to Atlants, Georgia when the International Assembly was held there because there were witnesses wearing badges on the busses and trains.

Gawd halp me!

• sir82
    sir82

The "powerful witness" probably results in discussions like this as people walk by the cart:

"Oh look, the Mormons have a display".

"Honey, those aren't Mormons, they don't have name tags. They must be Moonies or Scientologists."

"Yeah, you must be right. Oh look, I've got gum on my shoe."

• millie210
    millie210

Very realistic re account stillin (therefore humorous, sadly enough)

I think JWs are going to really "support the cart" because anything is better than door to door!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    The JW's are little fish in a VERY big pond. No one really notices them. They are legends in their own minds!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Indeed toes up!

Very very small fish....huge pond!

And yes stillin!.....it is mind numbingly stoooopid!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................................http://www.euaggelion2414.com/Watchtower_logo.jpg

..........Image result for fairy tales

Then the brother handling the part discusses what a "powerful witness" is being given

each time those carts roll out into public view.

.........................................https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/36/27/c3/3627c378811b893cd0dc9c917cda4fcd.jpg

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I look forward to the day when the God of Nu-lite decrees that:

Dear Brothers

We are pleased to announce that all witnessing will be conducted whilst wearing a trolly suit. All trolley suits will come fitted with a speaker for playing rousing sound bytes from talks and kingdom trolley songs.....

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I saw witnesses by a trolley today. Way in the corner of the train station, no one was going to go over there. They just stood around talking. Which is what I always see when I see the trolley. I'm convinced the already rampant witness gossip is enjoying exponential growth due to this trolley thing. If the witness population isn't actually growing in developed countries...at least the gossip is thriving!
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

.........................................https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/36/27/c3/3627c378811b893cd0dc9c917cda4fcd.jpg

Oooo, Stop, that tickles.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My Son who grew up as a JW but left a few years ago when we did, now attends the University near us and is almost finished with his Environmental Science degree. He say's there's a JW cart parked outside the main entrance to the campus every day. Apparently it's manned by people his age...usually 20 something girls and sometimes guys and there's a older man always lurking nearby trying to look inconspicuous but any former JW would recognize him as an "elder" or "servant" planted there for security reasons.

His take is that little or no attention is paid to them by the students passing by. The JW's are usually looking at their phones or talking to each other (who could blame them) and the "Brother" sometimes has his Grey Bible open but isn't really reading it.

My Son is 6'2" and a handsome, nicely dressed fellow as are his 2 study partners. He says those guys have both made comments, independent of each other about the cart to the effect "Don't those people have jobs or go to school....how can they afford to just be sitting here every day?"

He said to me " I might be imagining it Dad, because I used to be a JW, but more than once I've seen the girls look at us when we walk by and it's as if they are thinking..."those guys are worldly but they seem so clean cut and normal." He said he gets the feeling that they are looking wistfully at all the students passing by and it seems as if they are wondering if they might be wasting their time.

Not so long ago my Son was part of the popular young JW crowd himself but was really put off by the double lifers and especially the messed up JW girls he encountered. Often, because of his good looks, people assumed he was leading a double life himself and it irked him to no end to go to parties and see these kids who were passing themselves off as good JW's, drinking to ridiculous excess and using their parents antidepressants to get high, then on some later occasion, chastise him for not being baptized yet. He realizes that as a former JW who had a bad experience with it, he may be projecting his own thoughts onto the young people manning the Witnessing Carts but I'm guessing there's more truth in what he says than imagination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit