Do you think its possible that the Romans manufactured Jesus, Paul etc

by mP 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Hypothetical, do you think its possible ?

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

They were deeply rooted in Polytheism, and also had very localized deities in some parts of the empire. I can't understand why they would want to fabricate a monotheistic religion based on a middle eastern faith. Respect for their own pantheon of gods bordered on nationalism. they praised power and victory. I think a religion based on love and consideration would be very alien to them, and they would just see it as weakness.

Also, this happened around the time of the jewish revolt. There were probably several self proclaimed messiahs. If you wanted to invent a new deity, just for arguments sake, you would want his circumstances and appearance to be unique.... not embroiled within an uprising, revolt, and appearance of many crazy zealots.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nah...

Jebus and paul probably were real enough nutters. Without any evidence or real idea i hypothesize that Jebus was just another messiah wannabe, paul was a pharisee plant to derail the movement and then the Romans were smart enough to see how they could use it to their own political ends.

And thats why we have 'christianity' in my books!

Oz

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The first Christians were Gnostic and their religion was very similar to Mithraism, which was the most popular at the time. Yehoshua ben Yosef was a very real person and a member of the Nazarene Gnostic sect, a branch of the Essenes. (Nazareth was not a town at the time.) Being A Christ and not THE Christ, he was not the only "Son of God" but was the personification of the Mithraic deity who was a fully awakened God-man of myth. There was no way they were going to allow that idea to spread because it would have been the end of them. Constantine and the Roman Church needed a religion that would serve to both save the Roman Empire and empower it to take control of the West. They razed the Mithraic Temples and built Christian Churches and Cathedrals on top of them. They literalized the entire story and of course the Gnostics thought that was completely ridiculous and rejected the new religion, which means the rest of the ones who had not been killed already had to be completely exterminated. However Yehoshua reiterated countless prophecies from many different civilizations and cultures that there would be a "return of Christ" at the "end of the Age". This signifies a mass awakening of human consciousness, with basically everyone who lives on the higher frequencies of love, happiness and service to others "ascending" with the earth to a Golden Age after the destruction of the banking Cabal, Babylon the Great, by the "Kings from the rising of the sun". That would be China, Japan, Russia etc, an alliance that is right at this moment putting an end to the Federal Reserve System, the IMF and the World Bank.

THE END.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

are you claiming to be one of the so called "enlightened ones". Are you proclaiming the Ascending Masters are the chosen ones is maitreya the one you are waining for

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

are you claiming to be one of the so called "enlightened ones". Are you proclaiming the Ascending Masters are the chosen ones is maitreya the one you are waining for

I'm not waiting for any savior. The Christ is within you. Nobody's coming out of the sky to wipe out the wicked. It has to be done through human effort combined with accurate knowledge of our past and what has kept us in submission to the financier parasites for 13 millennia.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Certainly some people got together and created the Jesus Cult, probably late Ist century.

I wonder if the historical Jesus thought of himself as a messiah at all, let alone the Son of God, of course we will most likely never know his true teachings and life story, they were probably never recorded, or were destroyed by those with a far different agenda to Jesus who simply wished a myth to grow around his memory that served their ends.

If Paul were created by anybody, they did a strange job, introducing lots of controversial aspects in to the story.

I am with Aussie above, purely out of listening to my gut rather than evidence or reason. Jesus I think was an impressive Teacher, Paul was a later "follower" who wished that the messiah had in fact come, and tried to make it unarguable that Jesus was the Messiah.

It is interesting the statement of a Pope, 500 or so years ago, (was it Pope Urban ??), who said : "It has served us well, this Jesus myth".

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Mr Moonie has just died, I wonder how long it will take for miracles and special teaching to be attributed to him. If it was advantageos for a governemnt or movement to make use of Mr Moons teachings, it could easily grow and be used for whatever purpose the gov/movement had in mind. The stories and claims would elaborate over time.

Anyone denying this needs to just look at the life, death and modern claims about L. Ron. Hubbard.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

There is historical evidence for jesus, but there is no historical evidence for jesus christ, Ehrman has a good hypothesis as to how jesus became jesus christ.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus was nothing more than a ripoff. They stripped certain Gods and Goddesses, who were hung from trees or stakes, of their spiritual meaning and required people to take it literally. This was an attempt to rob people of their spirituality. Of course, they fabricated the story of Original Sin in order to make people more willing to believe that rubbish.

The one and only true Christ is actually the sun. Everything "Jesus" did, the sun actually did. The sun gives miracles, it resurrects life, it died on the Cross of the Zodiac every December 21, remains there for 3 days, and arises from the "dead" on Christmas Day. The Nativity Scene depicts the Belt of Orion pointing to the Christ, with the "Star of Bethlehem" (Sirius) pointing to where Christ (the sun) will rise on December 25. The fact is, when they claim celebrating Christmas is worshiping the sun, it is true--yet, worshiping the sun is actually so much closer to the real truth than worshiping something that is supposed to loosely stand for the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit