Need Info With OR Murders

by D8TA 4 Replies latest jw friends

• D8TA
    D8TA

I live in nieghboring state(WA) that has the NW Cable News Network.
    Which is the only information I have available on this story in Oregon.

Problem is, the reporting is vague. A vague statement being made is that this person who comitted the murders "had kept his children isolated from family members".

My question is: "Are the family members ALSO Jehovah Witnesses"?

If so, that the family members are JW's, shouldn't someone start telling these media types that it's the Jehovah Witnesses that practice ISOLATION against ex-members?

Anyone from Oregon here? Or anyone know of any Oregon Newspaper links on this story?

D8TA

~ A day no season would claim ~

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Problem is, the reporting is vague. A vague statement being made is that this person who comitted the murders "had kept his children isolated from family members".

Bryant was disfellowshiped 3 years earlier. He moved from Shingle, CA to McMinnville to "get away" from his JW relatives. His parents were trying to either 1) get custody of his children so they could force them to attend the Kingdom Hall or 2) get forced visitation for the same reason. Bryant was DFd because he spoke out about the gross hypocrisy that he saw in his religion.

: My question is: "Are the family members ALSO Jehovah Witnesses"?

Yes.

: If so, that the family members are JW's, shouldn't someone start telling these media types that it's the Jehovah Witnesses that practice ISOLATION against ex-members?

Someone is already doing this. In fact, THOUSANDS of someones are already doing this. I'm one of them.

: Anyone from Oregon here? Or anyone know of any Oregon Newspaper links on this story?

I'm just a few miles north of Portland, Oregon. Check out the website for the "Oregonian" newspaper. Someone has already posted on this board the full text of the extensive front-page article published by the Oregonian yesterday.

Farkel

• D8TA
    D8TA

Big thanks Farkel. Just wen't on an information hunt and got what I needed.

I sent a e-mail to Mr. Lemmerman of the Orgonian about my 2 cents
    worth on this situation. As well as the Longo situation.

D8TA

~ A day no season would claim ~

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

There have been several articles about this in the Oregonian and Oregon online. Last night the KOIN news channel ran a small segment about the shunning of the Brytan Family. My father did a phone interview and they used that on the 5, 6, and 11'clock news.

Tonight there is going to be an extensive interview involveing the practises of Shunning among other things with the WTS. A sister has been interviewed for nearly 45 min today and it will be on the 5 o'clock news on KOIN 6 TV. Please watch and tape this, also contact the reporters with more info. They're really interested in this at this time, and the more info we can provide the better coverage and exposer we'll ba able to get!

Ven

"deal with it!"

• anewperson
    anewperson

Besides the Bryant suicide-murder case, 3 previous JW-linked suicides in Oregon are given below:

OREGON:

Brookings area Elsie Wilson age 61 died 1992 by suicide after being disfellowshipped for tobacco use

Keizer area Ernie Miranda in his early 30s died in 1989 or 1990 of suicide with gunshot wound to head

Redmond area Judy Kohler in her 40s died during 1983-88 from suicide

Source: Memorial records on http://www.ajwrb.org which contain some who direct-suicided among a greater number who died after refusing transfusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit