Phrase I hate "Keep in mind how it is viewed in community"

by MC RubberMallet 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Whenever the society could not condemn something directly, that phrase was their loophole. Because God's name is most important. And if one person MAY be stumbled, don't do it.

Hypocrites!

Things that people in the community hates:

1) Knockin on their door

2) Waking them up

3) Talking to them about your beliefs

4) Allowing the symbol of life to be more important than life itself, or allowing death

5) Making an issue because someone is happy to be alive one more year!

6) Demonizing everything

7) Tell them God will solve all problems by ending wickedness (aka killing all non-Jw's because they are all wicked)

8) Telling them no matter what they believe, it is wrong, because it does not coincide with your changing beliefs

9) Assuming (male and female cannot be roommates ride in a car, be in a room, etc without sex immediately ensuing). I will digress on the living together one though.

10) Wearing suits in the summer

11) Making men shave beards and controlling dress codes for women

The list doesn't stop!

These all reflect bad on Witnesses, ESPECIALLY with no sound scriptural backing. So why not eliminate these rules, since they assist in making Jehovah, Bible, and the org look bad?!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Did you send this list to the WTS?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How about the vast amount of child slaves they use?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower publishing House wants its following adherents to be controlled and shaped as its own sales representatives.

Its trying make their organization stand out as an organization that is spiritually pure and righteous among the other religions

they are competing against. Thats why the over abundance of controls and rules placed on its adherents.

Its image producing and forming. Similar in how people/employees are subjectively controlled in a company.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses view it as wrong for two people of the opposite sex to be together, even in a public place. They view it as "stumbling others". It also "stumbles others" if someone burns incense, lights candles, eats holiday candy and food, displays string lights and seasonal theme decorations, or listens to music by bands they view as Satanists.

However, I will add some things to the list. How does the world feel about children being baptized at the age of 6? Especially when their souls are bound to Jehovah at the astral level, and they will not have it available for themselves later, or to dedicate to Jesus (or Satan) as they so see fit at a later time. They also risk getting in trouble for stupid things--saluting the flag, trying a single cigarette (though I don't recommend that for health reasons), or partaking in a birthday celebration.

They are also slaves to the organization. Suppose a child gets baptized at age 6, at the Big Boasting Session. They are in first grade, and have to pious-sneer during their summer break. The whole congregation and the parents are pushing this 6 year old to pious-sneer every school break. They have to do field circus virtually every weekend, all weekend, and accurately report it. Most 6 year olds have lousy organizational skills in these matters, and cannot accurately track everything they did. Their handwriting is usually quite messy, and they can't even do cursive writing at age 6. Block printing a street address takes too much time, and everyone is in a hurry. Most children who are at all creative and haven't yet had it beaten out of them frequently make E's that look like 3's. Later, it is almost impossible for someone to read the not at homes. Yet, they are expected to handle that at age 6.

Beyond that, they are slaves. They never get time off for themselves. While they are growing up (?), they are too busy knocking on doors to notice the seasons changing, play in the mud or climb trees, or even have unstructured time to themselves. Later, pious-sneering is the only career outside Beth Hell that is approved. Their choices for marriage are limited. "The mate is a pious-sneer." "The mate is a hounder bound for being a hounder-hounder." "The mate is in Beth Hell, having been there for so many years and is in ridiculously good standing." "The mate is a missionary bound for Nigeria." All intended to further enslave the person and bind their souls.

Not to mention that, with the Candice Conti situation (even if they don't get anything out of it, they still got embarrassment), how does the community view hiding pedophiles within the congregation? How does society view hiding murder, including children? How does the community view letting a baby die in lieu of accepting a blood transfusion, faithful to Jehovah? We get cases where people come from prisons or mental institutions, kill and even eat a baby, and the congregation goes through such great lengths to hide the issues. People in the community might view it as "Any organization can have isolated cases of these issues, but when the organization goes to lengths to hide it to protect itself and its god, something is horribly wrong." Do they even think of that?

Additionally, their viewpoint on materialism is horrible. With the Israel, Iran, and United Tyranny of Stupidity war looming, I am trying to get in the habit of always carrying a flashlight that uses rechargeable batteries. If I get into a box store and we start getting rolling blackouts, I could be the one that has an emergency light that would save my life and make it a mere nuisance because I can't check out my items. If a witless tried the same thing (and most of the better lights are quite expensive), they would ve looked down on as materialistic. How does society view such a dim view on material things? After all, if I would have had a light to guide myself to the main entrance of a grocery store, but the witlesses take it away from me, that is one more person for security to have to worry about guiding. And one less person that could have gotten people out of the store safely with or without trying. A similar view on other materialism leads so many witlesses to take welfare. How is that viewed in the community?

I think I will stick with listening to "bad" songs.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

rip van winkle - Not yet, sending this list would be going against Jehovah's direction.

MrFreeze - yes, people don't think seeing a 6year old in a suit is cute as JW's think every saturday and sunday morning, the times when children (and adults) need to be recouping

Finkelstein - You expressed my thoughts clearer than I did... Many Jw's then create a false comparison based on these factors, and feel JW's are the only ones living wholesome and pure

WT Wizard - I hope lurkers will read that because its unfortunately too true...

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Keep in mind how it is viewed in the community" is another way of saying "We just don't want you to do it because we think it will reflect badly on us. And if you even make us think we look bad, we'll make you look bad. Got it?"

--sd-7

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

lol - bingo!

So then why not apply to all ridiculous teachings and policies that make them look bad. Thats why I hate it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit