Imagine all the people...

by Anne Marie 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anne Marie
    Anne Marie

Remember John Lennon?? He asked us all a simple question: "Imagine..."

So many of us have either been in, or know of someone who has been in, "The Truth". It is a statistical fact that the majority of those who chooze to join the organization, that euphemistically refers to itself as "The Truth", are suffering from some sort of emotional disturbance or dysfunction.

It is very difficult to "deal with" issues that seem better "left in the past". It is so much easier to come into an organization that promises that if you just "believe this" and "do that", all will be okay. A "one size fits all" is the approach presented to anyone with any problem, real, or imagined, who wants to be assured of the "hope" to be part of Jehovah's wonderful world of peace and perfection.

But, as we are all aware, reality sooner or later sets in. A real "Crisis of conscience" arises as we find it more and more difficult to deny, or make excuses for, the gossip, the hyposcrisy, the judging, the "cliques", the self-righteousness, and the "unchristian" behavior.

And this is not even mentioning the obvious lack of "New Light"... that is never really NEW when it is presented.

Have we forgotten who and what our wonderful God, Jehovah, is? Have we forgotten that our lives come from him and that he truly LOVES us?

I have found that many who have suffered so much in the organization...and many who are still in, because of FEAR, harbor a righteous anger. This saddens my heart.

We have found real truth. So many of our dear Brothers and Sisters are still "locked up" in the inside. What can we do to help them? We know that the society's rigorous training has programed them to not "hear" the "truth" at all. So how can we possibly reach them?

I ask you to think of Jehovah, and of his methods. He is pure LOVE. He does not force us to do anything. I wonder, then, what if we just loved our Brothers? What if we prayed each and every day for the dear ones still on the inside? We have to remember what it was like for us...remember how we felt when we thought "the truth" was really the TRUTH?? How happy we were!!

Remember when the "joy" and "love" turned out to be a lonely and fearful burden? Remember how insecure, afraid, and alone we felt?

Imagine if, instead of feeding into Satan's game of "proving" that we are "apostates" by trying to reach our Brothers with the truth about the organization, we just LOVED them? Imagine that. Just loving them and leaving the rest in Jehovah's hands.

Warmest love to you all,
    Anne Marie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Wow, great sentiments there Anne Marie. It's easy to fall into the "preaching" mode re our findings about the "truth", yet we need to put ourselves in their shoes and remember how it was to be a JW. Thinking you had "The TRUTH". Thinking you had a special relationship with God that 99.99% of the rest of your fellow humans did not.

Many JWs I know are not evil people. They are sincere in their beliefs because they want to serve and please God. They raise good families and many are happy people. I am sure God knows their hearts, and will judge them according to their good deeds, just as we all hope He will judge us righteously.

BTW, I love the John Lennon song "Imagine". Lyrics that will haunt the world until we can all live in peace.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dear AM,

Of the many thousands that have left the Borg either voluntarily or by mutual disadmiration, (DF'd) many just melt into the woodwork,so to speak,and never give much thought to they present ongoings. It's too painful. Others that you see here are more activists and need a crusade to follow, while many just want their family back and are hurting. So it takes all kinds and this community of exdubs will continue to be as varried as you can "imagine". Your sentiments are perfectly valid and work for you. I too have no axeto grind and haven't been on any mission to save anyone, however, I do wish my fellow human being well and if I can be of help encouraging them, I'll do that when time allows.

God bless,

carmel

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

What a nice post. Thank you very much.

Yes, I like to imagine..good and happy things

But, I still cannot forget.

The damage done, the broken hearts

I'm in this place, and still don't seem to fit.

I let go, but the wound is still there

I'm told to "adapt and accept it".

Like it's something I can really control.

I can do one thing, ... forgive, in love.

I'm feeling much pain right now. Mom called me this evening. Seems she enjoys the control. The giving with one hand and taking with another, since the shunning began again recently. It always surprises me...the reaction I have. It's her game. I am strong, but then the tears flow when I hang up after hearing the sound of her voice. And, I know, she did it to me.....again. I allowed her to do it to me again....

Karen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit