"Evidence" of a "smokelike pall"... This was the last straw for me back in 2008. Fade began with this:

by DarioKehl 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210

Hi DarioKehl,

Interesting that you say they have buried it. I have noticed too that it isnt quoted anywhere in the current KMs and so on.

I am not attending meetings but do they still have it behind the literature counter for people to obtain?

I am curious as to how exactly they go about burying an embarrassing book.

I know they do it because isnt that what happened to the "Commentary on James"?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Even as a newly minted dub I found the books on revelation to be a hard slog. I assumed it was because I just wasn't spiritual enough, but as it turns out, it was simply that it was just a lot of incomprehensible blather. I'm pretty sure the clergy of Christendom didn't give a fig about Rutherford and his loyal band of drunkards. But as they say, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull poop.

The most interesting thing about that book was the title, and who would have thought a book with the word "climax" in the title would be so painfully boring?

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Mille210:

not sure as I am also faded. But I believe this book is no longer in print.

im not sure if it's even in the library at JW dot org (I heard that the trinity brochure was erased from history as well).

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its all so many lies, Rutherford and his guys were released after being imprisoned for sedition not because of persecution by the Catholic Church.
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

im not sure if it's even in the library at JW dot org

Aside from the Reasoning book, there are no 20th century JW books in the book area of the WT Online library.

That in itself speaks volumes...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

When I read ALIVE!'s comment, "I'm sitting here and it's ALL coming back to me."

I flashed on this song by Meatloaf and, well, here it is:

Maybe somehow the lyrics are germane to this discussion. If not, consider it a musical interlude in the discussion...

https://youtu.be/EaeA0C_339w

• fukitol
    fukitol

Aside from the Reasoning book, there are no 20th century JW books in the book area of the WT Online library.

That in itself speaks volumes...

That is remarkable. They really are embarrassed by their past publications, as they should be. All those 20th century publications, heralded as so much 'rich spiritual food' at the time, now just forgotten, not even worth putting a copy of online.

• bradford
    bradford

They will most likely discontinue the disc library version and put a negative spin on researching old light. Then they will focus attention to the online library. They will use a line like:

"Since 2000 Jehovah has truly sped up the work! As he blesses the "faithful slave" he also continues to refine. As such, all of our literature from 2000 onward shows the true light Jehovah has revealed in our time. The online library will be our primary research tool and is updated with all literature as it is released in real time on wol.jw.org. The old library by disc will be discontinued. Research that could be done there should now be done online. Jehovah loves those who follow this arrangement. "

Throw a couple scriptures in there and a warm Christian love signature, send to all elders to read at the next meeting. Old light basically obsolete.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't think JWs can ever study the Revelation Climax book again.

Fred Franz's End-Times script is still technically WT canon, but it makes assumptions that are increasingly implausible the further we get from the 20th Century.

No one's been fingered as the "King of the North" since the unexpected collapse of the old Soviet Union some 20-odd years ago, the UN Security Council can barely enforce resolutions to protect religious freedoms (let alone marshal a planet-wide campaign to supress them), and the RCC - one of the primary components of "Babylon the Great" - is actively reforming itself to a degree no one ever even dreamed of and still going strong.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Let's not forget that the first printing of this book said that the end would come before the 20th century was over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit