What was your most embarrasing moments?

by Tammie 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tammie
    Tammie

I'll get the ball rolling with mine. I actually have two, but I will talk about the one that happened at the kingdom hall.

I was about 17 years old at the time. For some reason when ever I raised my hand to comment at the meeting, the brothers would never call on me. This went on for a couple or so weeks. I asked why they would not call on me, and they said it was because they could not see my hand. I was thinking,[>:(] "HA!!!, What a likely story, they can't see my hand." In my congeration there was only about 50 people there at any one given time. So that was why I was thinking that.
    Any way I thought to myself, I'll fix those morons. I was getting very pissed, and would think evil thoughts. At home I has this very large, very bright orange sweater. It was so bright it would glow off the floresant lights. It was so bright, it would hurt ones eyes to look right at it. So I wore to the Thursday night meeting. "He he." I thought to myself, they will see me now. Any way I got to the KH, (it was winter so I was wearing a coat) and a minsteral servant was waiting for me. When I walked into the door, he handed me a slip of paper. "I ment to get a hold of you sooner, but you have a part on the meeting.....tonight."
    "Oh my God." I said to myself. Let's just say that I was defantly the center of attention for my part up on stage. Boy was I a sight for sore eyes, with my black skirt, and orange sweater.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• Solace
    Solace

My entire childhood was an embarrasment but the funniest thing at the kingdom hall was when my grandfather used to carry the microphone and fart all the way down the aisle. My grandma wanted to crawl under her seat. Hilarious!! He used to sing the Happy Birthday or Christmas songs all the time, out the blue, just to embarrass my grandmother. He was so funny.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Tammie

I have to say, the most embarassing thing happened at a Joho social function. It was at a farewell...and being a congregation thing we had to wear dresses/skirts...no trousers. Well being winter...I had on my pantyhose...and a lovely skirt. Part way thru the evening I went to the toilet, and came out again and noticed everyone was seated around the perimeter of the room. My group of family and friends were on the opposite side of the room...so I sauntered over, smiling at this one and nodding at that one. I sat down and crossed my legs getting ready to enjoy the upcoming farewell speeches. Next thing a sister beside me...slides across her seat so that she is right next to me...and she quickly puts her hand behind my back and I feel this 'thing' being unraveled behind me. She then smiles at me and says 'oh your nickers were showing dear'. My face went red...I looked around the room and everyone seemed to have these little 'i didn't notice anything' expressions...some were stiffling a fake cough...some were gazing into the ceiling...kids were giggling...I wanted to go home.

Beck

ps...Heaven...your grandfather sounds gorgeous...what a character.

• alfie
    alfie

My most embarrassing situation happened on a particularly hot summer evening during a Service Meeting. Our KH was old and stifling due to lack of windows and air conditioning. I had to read a letter about the atrocities committed against the witnesses in Rwanda.
    Being so hot,(and I perspire easily and profusely),I was drenched in sweat and dripping all over the letter I was trying to read to the congregation,a pioneer sister in the front row got up and mopped my forehead right there in front of everyone.To top it off, the letter was so touching, I started to weep, which for a guy my size, is pretty embarassing.

What's it all about?
    alfie

• Anne Marie
    Anne Marie

When I was twenty-three, and nearly nine months pregnant with my fifth child, it was difficult. I had already decided to divorce my babies father, after being with him for only six weeks, and I was "on my own again".

As I did not have a car I depended on the kindness of the Brothers to get my children and I to the meetings and assemblies.

I was at one assembly, VERY pregnant, and as I could not get to the bathroom in time, I peed on myself...at the Circuit Assembly, in the middle of a talk, where EVERYONE knew me, and most everyone saw!!

Some sisters "helped" me to the bathroom, making a real spectacle, and all the worse for "calling attention" to an already embarrassing moment, by standing outside the stall door and asking if I was alright, and "shouldn't someone call an ambulance?" They just would not listen to me...I TOLD them my water had NOT BROKEN.

I took off my nylons, washed them, and put them back on wet. I had hoped that I could return to my seat without further fuss. Ha!!

The sister that I had come with, and another, who was part of the car group, insisted that I be taken to the local emergency room to be "checked".

"I am NOT DRIVING all the way back home with a PREGNANT WOMAN unless I have assurance from a DOCTOR that you won't have that baby in my car!!"

She would not allow me the dignity and respect that maybe I knew that I was fine...that I had not "broken my water", I had just PEED!!

So there I was, in a strange emergency room, with my legs spread apart in front of some young and bored Doctor...who knew that I KNEW that I was not anywhere near to going in labor, and who wondered why I was wasting his time.

All the way home, in that sister's car, listening to her and the other go "on and on" about it, I wanted to die.

Moral of the story? Have your own car!!

Anne Marie

• Tammie
    Tammie

OH Anne,
    LOL I really feel for you. Talking about peeing and people thinking your water has broken. The same thing happened to me. Fortunally I was at home, so I did not have the embarrasing moment. But it was quite funny. I was about 7 or 8 months pregnate at the time. My husband had bought some fire works (at the time we did not do them on the July 4) It was about week before the holiday, and my husband and I was playing with the bottle rockets. At this time I had always pointed them any where, but up. Most of the time I would know which way they would go. But this time I had got a really "great" NOT idea of taking the stem off. Then would lay it down and hide, while it went off. But this time the bottle rocket went off prematurly and it started "chasing" me. I did get away, but I was laughing so hard and I pee-d on myself. My husband had thought I had broken my water. This was my first child, so I did not really know. So we ended up driving 45 minutes to the hospital. (We lived way out in the boonies.) My dr came in, and informed me that my water did not break.

Excuses are like butts. Everyone's got em and they all stink.
    I use to have an open mind,
    but my brains kept falling out.

• MissSC
    MissSC

My most embarrasing moment was when I fell face first and slid across the parking lot that was not paved. It was muddy and rocky since it had been raining and I was wearing a pale green dress. My dress was ruined, everyone could see straight through my dress and I was picked on about that event for the rest of my life. In addition the guy I had a crush on was watching. Humiliating at 12 to say the least. Oh well.. such is life.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

• onelove
    onelove

how bout running into hot guys from your school out-in-service? a friend and I had been sent to a door, and when I guy from school answered, we just acted like we were in the neighborhood to say hi, "he was like, "why are you all dressed up?" and since it was a small town, we were now known as the "bible-sellers" at school.

embarassing: falling asleep and snoring at book studies, I always kept my hair pulled taut behind the chair, so my head wouldn't nod, but i got elbowed by mom pretty hard when i snored. I hid under narcolepsy for the longest time

• D8TA
    D8TA

This one is ****GROSS/RUDE*** you have been ***WARNED***!!!

I was 12 years old. We had gone out to dinner at a mexican restaraunt before attending the public talk. I got a serious case of gas. I would go to the bathroom and do my "buisness" during the "talk". Third time around, my mother said "stop going to the bathroom and listen to the talk". I begged. I pleaded. But my mom refused to let me go. So I ripped the LOUDEST MOST MAJESTIC fart right there in front of 300 people. The speaker even paused, and EVERY single person in the Kingdom Hall looked at me. That had to be the most embarrissing moment! But hey, look on the bright side...after my beautiful music, my mom immeadiately took us home. No more talk, missed the WT study....darn.

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit