Jah's Obit!

by smmcroberts 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

All good things must come to an end... and evil things as well.

Here it is: Jehovah's obiturary.

You'll never guess the cause of death.

Does anyone know who to send condolences to? (Does anyone need condolence for this?)

• finally awake
    finally awake

LOL! Where should I send flowers?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

LOL! I love your blog! Great stuff....

That cartoon: that's not out of a JW publication, is it? The "serum combine" bit is crazy: that's probably what the WTBTS fear was, that someone would develop a "truth serum".

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

@Solomon,

I don't know the source of that cartoon, but would love to find out. I found it via a Google image search of "Jehovah" where it was labeled as "an outsider's view," though it's not far off from some of the "inside" cartoons one sees in the Rutherford era.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That's great! That cartoon really did look like something from a Washtowel publication back in the 30s or 40s. They had some lurid stuff in those books.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Send flowers to Jehovah? I will send a grenade to him instead--that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag deserves more insult added to every bit of injury that can be inflicted on him.

And by the way, you Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, I want my soul back so I can dedicate it to your Nemesis and my Father, Satan.

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

Hey, I found the source of the cartoon! According to jwfacts.com it was published in the Golden Age 1939 May 31 p.5!

That site also shows another cartoon depicting vaccination as a cow idol with pock-marked babies dying at its feet! It just shows how diametrically opposed to the truth the WT can get; it was vaccination that eradicated smallpox from the Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit