untitled

by braincleaned 4 Replies latest jw friends

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 states:

" 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods,is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord ?”

22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

How can the WTS not apply this to themselves?

Additionally - there is no prophet in the Bible that was mistaken then claimed "new light"...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zap6KEfLhpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm trying to edit this post, and I continually get error pages!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

braincleaned: the quick answer to the question is - they make a squirrely denial that they are really prophets when one of their predictions blows up in their faces.

Maybe you should try another browser?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Braincleaned said:

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord ?”

22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

How can the WTS not apply this to themselves?

But that advice is not directed at the prophet, but to those people hearing the false prophet. Jesus says, "if it doesn't come true, you SHOULDN'T be alarmed, they just were talking a bit presumptiously."

So basically, Jesus WAS providing a loop-hole for prophetic errors, actually predicting that the GB would miss on things, but no worries: he predicted they'd miss, so don't be alarmed!

And you're RIGHT: they probably SHOULD apply that scripture to themselves as a half-assed attempt at Biblical apolegetics, LOL!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Braincleaned said:

I'm trying to edit this post, and I continually get error pages!!

It's not just you: I wanted to fix the bold text (which magically appeared after I posted), and I get an application error message when I tried to edit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit