The WT sense of "true"

by smmcroberts 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

I always liked the WT definition of "truth".

Too bad what they teach has been the antithesis of that definition, as I relate in my latest blog: The Watchtower Sense of "True".

As for me, I love the truth! That's why I left.

• Listener
    Listener

Great blog smmcroberts.

I love the truth too. You're picture of the word truth under examination with a microscope reveals lies - very clever.

I found this remark interesting "Then, as a further exercise of truth, I must obediently tell people that I “came into the truth” by my own personal decision to accept Bible teachings and not by the dictates of the Watchtower." That is exactly what we were told, that we had 'bible truth' not the organizations and this alone should have rung the warning bells. We know it's not bible truth because that cannot change, whereas organizational understandings will and do change.

• BroMac
    BroMac

i enjoyed reading your letter and i also took the course. i would say re your letter that i find things written by Russel to be well meaning and offer a good level of understanding for christians. unfortunately it all gets lost in the endless quest for bible chronolgy and the crazy ideas that this brought forth that were then published and given as "gods dates not ours", it is difficult to then view with any seriousness anything the man wrote once i get to the pull out of a pyramid of Divine Plan Of The Ages. what is more unfortunate is if it was not for ideas he presented for bible chronology then who would have even heard of the man today?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I love your blog....

Like you, I could no longer accept the doctine of destuction for non-believers in the WTS. My recurring doubts got so big that I had to come off eldership,then faded......

This quote is classic:

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination."

–The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life, p. 13 (WBTS, 1968)

Of course they exclude themselves from such an examination, after all, they are appointed by God to feed his sheep and their writings are to be seen as if it were God speaking to the reader

• BroMac
    BroMac

blues brother: once i let that doctrine dissapear, i looked at those in the world differently.... the person who im behind in the street who puts in the charity box while i look at the text i just pretended to get. the guy down the street who gets the shopping for the infirm and housebound because he wants to.

little things that i would dismiss without a second thought hit me like a train, how can we judge others who God may declare righteous, just because they do not accept the Watchtower and Awake! on a saturday morning.... not me, no more.

• clarity
    clarity

Wowie .. I really like what you write!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit