Too much too soon vs Too little too late

by C.O.B.E.Beef 9 Replies latest jw friends

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

This is my dilema. Too much info with my wife too soon, or too little , too late with my kids.

It all blew up today.Craziest day of my life. I made my decision. I was an elder just months ago, now an apostate.

She agrees with all of my grievances with the GB, but Ive not asked her to make any conclusions. She is still in my corner.

We agreed that we will be "we", without elders. Her thoughts are" one elder is welcome , but two is not."

Time will tell...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey!

It sounds like your wife is far more open-minded about your doubts than many another JW wife.

Treasure that lady, as long as she continues to realize the truth about "The Truth ™ ", and I hope that the two of you can conduct a successful fade, together.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

I meant 2 elders are not welcome.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Thanks Zid. She is special.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Are not what???

Did I misunderstand your OP? It sounds like your wife is on-board with your plan to leave the religion. And that she agrees that there should not be an "elders inquiry"...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, that makes things a bit more clear...

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

You are lucky! I hope she holds to that opinion as time goes on.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

C.O.B.E-It is probably a relief to you to no longer have to hide in fear of what your wife will say should you slip up on something said. How wonderful that she is supporting you. I wish you much happiness.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

COBE -- I've lived the same experience. Both of us "born ins". She HATED that I was reading this "shit" some months ago. She blamed it on my negative attitude about the Truth (TM) . But after some pretty intense situations and confrontations in the Cong, she understands the politics and favoritism and nepotism that exists. She has seen that everybody sweeps everyone else's dirt under the rug and pretends that it's ALL GOOD. And things continue on with the same corruption and favoritism. Ah! Jehovah's Blessing! We are equally aware that the "experiences" at Dist Conv, Cir Assm are exaggerations, misrepresentations, distortions, or proverications. Even some Cong stuff is contrived. Might as well be scripted by some Hollywood director.

The recent bombshell that she has always looked at the info desseminated from the Org from the standpoint that you "take what you want and leave the rest". I know - sounds like AA. She's never believed what they said was "from GOD".

We are still at "where else would we go" and "who else is doing the preaching of the Good News?"

I think she knows that I post her as well as has discovered my ID. (Hi Hon, love you!) But it has been a slow journey with lots of discussion about where we are at this point.

Good luck.

Doc

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

DOC said:

We are still at "where else would we go" and "who else is doing the preaching of the Good News?"

You could always tell her to post here, and help spread the good news that preaching of the Good News is not necessary. If she likes walking thru neighborhoods, it can be done for exercise and enjoying the scenery without knocking on doors, and you don't have to stop and let your heart rate drop! Now THAT'S good news!

Sorry to hear of your predicament, but agree that it's a great thing your spouse is so receptive to standing by you vs the GB. THAT'S a very good sign...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit