What Did Jesus Mean?

by Francois 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Remember this scripture in Matthew:

[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Do you think this refers to labor in terms of heavy work in order to support one's self and family?

Or does it really refer to those who were heavily laden with the demands of an organized religion, such as the Judism of his day, heavy with the burden of the pharisees? And also to those heavily laden with the demands of a present-day organized religion, heavy with the burdens of the modern-day pharisees of the WTBTS - who boldly go where men have been for millenia, right back to the practice of the Mosaic law (claiming its principles still apply)?

Personally, I feel his reference to being "heavy laden" refers to being spiritually weighed down with the LAW, and its hundreds of derivative laws, and centuries of the opinions of rabbis.

I note that he only left us two laws. It's been up to organized religion (and outright cults like the JWs) to once again load up its followers with meaningless laws that have nothing to do with growing in the spirit (like the issue of facial hair for instance).

What do you think? I'd really like to know.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• BQE
    BQE
    Or does it really refer to those who were heavily laden with the demands of an organized religion, such as the Judism of his day, heavy with the burden of the pharisees? And also to those heavily laden with the demands of a present-day organized religion, heavy with the burdens of the modern-day pharisees of the WTBTS - who boldly go where men have been for millenia, right back to the practice of the Mosaic law (claiming its principles still apply)?

I think this is what Jesus really meant, IMO.
    I think this scripture goes hand in hand with another scripture, "beware of false prophets,"etc. The WTS isa false prophet and the anti-christ.

• dedalus
    dedalus

It means whatever the hell you want it to mean.

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit