Christian Neutrality-other areas for research.

by singsongboi 0 Replies latest jw friends

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i've just been reading thru tallyman's thread, and the jw 'crawler' in dachau ( and individual act, of course!)... wonder did they df this guy after the war?

and then there is rutherford's 'offer to deal' with the nazi's.

quote:... "And then, the Watchtower Society, scorned by Hitler, started publishing bad things about Nazism in their literature, whereas up to that point they were silent."

and, of course, the UN deal...

all leads to a question - are there more skeltons in the cupboard?

maybe! -- here's one that someone in the US may be able to research.

in the 60's, some particularly strong anti-communist articles appeared in the magazines... and about the some time the US State department started to protest to various countries about their treatment of Jws (particularly missionaries that were US citizens).

at the time i was startled by both events - because to me neutrality meant - 'taking no part, not involved in a war or a dispute. but
    clearly "neutrality" has flexible borders for the WTS.

so was there a 'deal' or a failed 'deal' there somewhere?

had a representative of the wts tried to organise something in moscow and failed - something like the hitler deal?

OR had they done a deal with the US government that in return for support in countries where there was opposition to the work of jws, they would print articles that supported the US position in the then cold war?

anyone got ways to find out?

**(well, according to various WTS comments - i mean that's where we kept up with the world eh?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit