Memorial for 911 victims

by Patriot 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

This was fowarded to me this morning.

http://home.swbell.net/karvol/a.htm

• LDH
    LDH

Mav did you get to meet any of my friends from Fresno this past week? Fresno sent a huge contingent to pay tribute.

Also, in December, a Fresno millionaire *chartered* 3 jumbo jets and flew NYPD and NYFD and Port Authority personnell out here for a two day "respite" and Central Valley welcome.

Lisa

• Patriot
    Patriot

No Lisa I did not. Although there are numerous agencies that have done something to contribute to our mental well being, wether it be by fixing up our cars or inviting us to there home towns or to sporting events, the sad truth is that not all of us can go.

There was a hockey match between the NYPD and the LAPD last month and I was asked if I wanted to participate, but I don't play hockey so oh well. ( I was brought up in the projects....hockey?!!??)

Unfortunately I have had rediculous hours due to my partner "Blackbart" being needed. There is an inmense need for K9s who can sniff out bombs and or search and seizures. I'm just glad that I can use the excuse that Bart needs his rest so that I can rest as well.

But I'll sneak away sooner or later to one of these events we'll see.

Thanks for asking though.

Mav.-

• LDH
    LDH

LOL...The Projects/hockey.....

When Tiger won his first Masters Tournament, I heard a comedien joke that "he had single-handedly created a flood of new interest in hockey."

I can ice skate but never tried hockey. If it's anything like field hockey which I was forced to play in high school, I would HATE it.

I'm glad you have the good sense to give Blackbart a rest. Working canines and other rescue animals are not machines to be worked night and day with no rest.

Of all the people that died in 9/11, one of the stories that most moved me was the Port Authority officer who went to investigate the chaos, and he caged his dog and told him that "he would be back." Of course, the buildings collapsed and the poor dog died. I cried.

Lisa

• Patriot
    Patriot

You cried?!!

Damn you should have seen me. I went out and got Bart a whole oven roasted chicken. He really loves that*.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit