Protect governing body with your life

by Zoos 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

There was a quote in the literature some years back about protecting the governing body from secular authorities and insinuated that we should do whatever it took to insure their safety.

I seem to remember it was something about refusing to help the authorities locate the governing body. I may be off track here. If this is familiar to you could you please help me find the quote?

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Nothing, huh?
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Nothing; you're WAY off track.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Not sure about that one. The governing body is more likely to 'volunteer' a member of the congregation to sacrifice themselves to the authorities so as to ensure their own personal safety.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

id say that's probably not in any written form, at least in my generation,lol

but it wouldn't surprise me if someone said something to that effect in a talk at one point.

In a talk given by a c.o or d.o years ago, he said 'its ok to tell a little lie to save our brothers and sisters if it means their life'

after he described how a group of jws were hiding from authorities and the householders lied and said they did not see them.

I did a double take, because if that was the mindset EVER, then all those who perished previously, would be alive if someone lied to protect them. [and then why couldn't someone lie and not let anyone know they took a blood transfusion? after all, its a life . who is going to know but you and your doctor?]

its then I knew something was seriously wrong.

i have to wonder who else sitting there got the same lighting bolt,lol

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Zoos, I never heard nor read that. But I can imagine some in the congregation feeling that way. The Governing Body members are their leaders, shepherds, and like most people they would protect their leaders. That's just human nature.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I don't remember seeing anything in writing but I do recall of several meeting over the years. The subject was usually brought up around studies that touched on the subject of our loyalty, both to our brothers as well as those taking the lead. Some elders would always make sure to include a comment where we would be told what to say to the authorities that were looking for the elders. That is how I first learned that we were all, technically speaking, ordained ministers.
  • clarity
    clarity

Zoos........interesting bit about watchtower ..........scroll down to 1939 and you will see that Guards were used to protect the 'elite'. There are pictures of Rutherford and his guards who actually wacked any who came near!

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for but hope you find it helpful. The Houses at Beth Sarim & Beth Shan were guarded. It seems the leaders were protected but the rank & file were only lowly good for nothing slaves who should give up their lives for brothers !

http://paul.rutgers.edu/~cwm/JW.html

• 88JM
    88JM

Band On The Run mentioned his dad used to be a bodyguard for Rutherford and Knorr.

Incidentally, anyone know if he's okay? I notice he hasn't posted for quite a few months and he used to be quite regular?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    What I remember well is that when I was being judged by a Judicial meeting, an elder said that under a persecution I must hate my soul (including my family), so I have to sacrifice even my family so as to be faithful to the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit