I ran into one of the elders from my JC

by jesussaves 4 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Hi everybody,

Guess what happened to me this past Sunday. I ran into one of the elders that was on my judicial committe. There was a group of them at Ruby Tuesday's (restaurant) and they were obviously taking the Circuit Overseer out for dinner. Bro. So-and-so and his wife looked me dead in my face and did not speak. I am not disfellowshipped, so they had no reason to shun me. Maybe they shunned me because I was with my church family!!!! One of the members of our party was a minister and had on his minister's collar. I thought it was hilarious, although it brought up old memories from my JC meetings. I will say that the elder I ran into was actually the NICE elder of the three. I believe that he is the one who kept me from getting disfellowshipped. He had two daughters near my age who had made the exodus from the JWs about a year before I did. I think that he felt sorry for me, but now I feel sorry for him! Anyhoo....This is my first run in with some JWs in years. I hope they aren't all about to start coming out the woodwork!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

!gasp! You were with a minister with a collar!?! No wonder they didn't talk to you. They were scared of you! ((((()))))

Andi

• RR
    RR

JS , what do you mean when you say "JC"?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Judical Committee

• Gopher
    Gopher

RR,

JC = Judicial Committee (not Jesus Christ, not judgmental codgers)

Jesussaves,

I ran into an elder on my JC during the holiday season, and he DID shun me (as I was DF'd...). He was there with a large group, but this place was all the way across the metro area from where he lives (because he was visiting his dad).

He sure didn't expect to see me! I just flashed him my grin, as I sat and ate with my DF'd friend and his wife (both decent, church going people, BTW).

I haven't heard from this one since, but I did shortly thereafter get a phone call from the elders on THIS side of town, apparently attempting to see if I wanted to be reinstated. (I wrote them back a letter, so they would have it documented, that I didn't wish for them to contact me any further.)

-J.R.

The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    The opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit