They died for their faith

by rodnico 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rodnico
    rodnico

My cubicle neighbor asked me a question. He wanted to know how to reply to people who tell him they believed the bible to be the true work of God because so many were killed trying to save it or translate it.

That was a chapter from what I remember in the orange book is the bible inspired by God.

How would you respond?

• Scully
    Scully

Every faith has its martyrs. We're just most familiar with the "Christian" ones.

Every Muslim "jihad" has people who die in support of the Muslim religion.

Even the Jews in Israel today, believe they have the blessing of God (and the USA) in their war against Palestine. The fact that 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust does not mean the Jewish faith is 'the right one'.

Jehovah's Witnesses are willing to die for lack of blood transfusions. That doesn't mean they're right either.

Just because people are willing to die for their beliefs does not mean they're right.

Love, Scully

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Right on, Skully! My thoughts exactly.

Or maybe it's a "numbers game," and the religion with the most dead believers WINS.

I'll light a candle at the shrine to Madeline Murray O'Hair and wish three times for the enlightenment of Rodnico's cubicle-neighbor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit