Jesus second return

by Smitty 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Smitty
    Smitty

How many people believe Jesus returned in the first century? For those that don't, why not?

• willy_think
    willy_think

Smitty,
    Do you believe Jesus returned in the first century? If so, why?

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • Sargon
    Sargon

Who Cares?

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• Smitty
    Smitty

I think so. But, I'm too tired to explain why. I just got back from lunch. Latter. How bout you?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Superman, James Bond, and Bobby Ewing all returned. So why can't Jesus?

• logical
    logical

Of course he returned in the 1st C. He said some would not see death until he returned... and he returned circa 70.

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Logial said:
    Of course he returned in the 1st C. He said some would not see death until he returned... and he returned circa 70.

However, Jesus returned long before 70 CE because he converted the Apostle Paul in around 34-35 CE and appeared to many others, up to 500 at a time which was long before 70 CE.

So yes, he definitely returned as a spirit appearing to many but long before 70 CE. Logical, you should know this. This is pretty fundamental NT history? Why are you delaying his return?

L.G.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So far posters seem to be hung up on a spiritual return a la the WTS. Don't forget "every eye will see him" "appearing on the clouds" "the sign in sun and moon and stars". It hasn't happened yet. But we're waiting. Just haven't set a date like the Watchtower.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit