Bloodguilt

by perfect1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

Recently I went to a public talk in the mafia capitol of the US- not where I grew up.

An Italian American was the speaker, and the entire thing sounded like it was taken out of the Godfather- especially as the keyword for that talk was bloodguilt. And was repeated a million times.

Now most people around me had fallen into the hypnotic trance which occurs in KHs, and I was of course, alert and paying attention.

His logic was somehow that all religions except JWs start wars and are bloodguilty, and then he got to the (logical) conclusion that we are all bloodguilty if we dont convert people to be JWs.

It was a weird argument for sure- but add to that the accent and it was comical.

Did hearing the talks in another language or dialect ever help you realize how silly its sounds- like a parody of itself....

• eva luna
    eva luna

Hi perfect1, this is kind of funny to me.

While traveling through Northeren Italy I went to the Hall , my Italian is very bad ,but I had a bible , song book, watchtower and a Kingdom Ministery ( km's are different in other countries)

This little town had been taken over by Southerners. Messisna, Sicily, etc. Some of the these Brothers had even been made Elders ..Oh my god. The locals were in an uproar.The peasants are taking over. It was a big deal.

I had no idea that there was still a cultural class even in the KHalls. I talked to Family when I got home and it's here in CA too. What ever....smile..

Oh and if you must go to a meeting ,it's way funner not knowing what is being said and singing a song in the wrong launguage. Plus your right , it's less likely you will go all hypnotized from the repetitive words.Plus in Italy it's no big deal to go to meeting after drinking wine, even for lunch. You just wouldnt want to be intoxicated as you would only embaress yourself, if you know what I mean.

Ciao

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hey Eva,

Wow meetings in Italy! I think I may be European myself as I see nothing wrong from throwing back a glass of wine at lunch either. heheheh.

This experience makes me think it would be very funny to do a Godfather 4- where they family becomes JWs and they all talk about bloodguilt and harlots all the time. Instead of threatening their enemies with getting knocked off- they threatend them with destruction at Armageddon. All in Italian accents. This would be amazing. Film makers, producers, actors please contact me and we will make this project a reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit