Farkel, re: Covington and I were roommates

by QC 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• QC
    QC

Hey,

I grew up romping around the Kingdom Farm (in Landing NY) with Maxwell Friend pinching my cheeks and Bert Schroeder scolding me for throwing orchard apples outside the KF library. CO’s and missionaries often crashed at our house in Ithaca, NY. We might know each other. You have to be in your 90’s. The history of experiences we share is amazing.

Although I have moved on from JWs, that experience of being a Bible student is paying dividends now. Check out my website: www.laissezcom.com. My take on the “evil slave” (under link “Timeline”) and “Born Anew” is a must read.

Give me some comments,

QC

(email is on docs)

• blondie
    blondie

Hello, I don't think Farkel is that old, early 60's at the most. But he is an excellent historian and could have known people from your era.

• stillin
    stillin

QC, I know a few people from that neck of the woods.; some who speak of thier growing-up just like you do. There was a family named Harris in the Ithaca cong. Some VanWormers and Apgars. Artie Burdick at the farm and lots more. Know any of them?

I'm bookmarking your webpage.

• binadub
    binadub

QC:

Not speaking for Farkel, but I think it's a misunderstanding.
    Farkel just said he new some people who had served in Russell's time.

"MC RubberMallet" addressed Farkel and claimed to have been roommate with Covington.
    That must also allude to a misunderstanding because RubberMallet claims he was at Bethel 2005-2012, and Covington died in 1978.

I'm curious about you, though. How long have you been "out". Wondering if we might have crossed paths somewhere along the line if you were out in the 80s-90s.

~Binadub

• Farkel
    Farkel

: You have to be in your 90’s.

Are we talking my body or my chronological age? True on the former. False on the latter.

No, I never served with Russell. That was sarcastic and not to be taken seriously. I did help Martin Luther write his theses, though, and I do remember when Gallileo Galleli was put under house arrest.

As for Haydn Covington, I loved that southern good-old boy. He could have remained a WT Vice Pres. had he only lied about being "anointed" like the rest of them did. What was there not to like about him? He spun WT stories so well that he should have been writing WT articles. We shared a beer together once. Well, actually I had a beer and put another one on his tombstone just in case he showed up.

He didn't.

Farkel

• QC
    QC

Stillin,

Those names do sound familiar. But memory is very foggy. F or some time, been living on the West coast away from that horrible Finger Lakes weather .

Bina,

After the 75 debacle, figured this is the clutches of “evil slave”—protected spirituality by dropping into research mode. Was a “there but not present JW” for the longest. Finally, 90’s I moved on with a healthy spiritual world view. www.laissezcom.com is a legacy mark I’m proud of.

• binadub
    binadub

QC: The 90s is when the Internet came rushing to the fore. Were you on H2O? It was probably a little past the pinnacle of BRCI by then.
    Just curious about other "older" exJWs. Not many of us around anymore. :-)

~Binadub

• steve2
    steve2

I went to a hypnotherapist a few years ago and he regressed me to a previous life when apparently I was Russell's wife. Up until then I had wondered where I got my stately posture from. It made sense to me and, among other things, explained my current severe skin-rash reactions to white facial hair.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I never met Convington. It was sarcasm in response to Farkel's sarcasm.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well QC if you were at the farm or Bethel you would have feasted your eyes on a bus load of us
    that used to picket there yearly... We even had the cops escourt us....
    I really enjoyed that trip yearly....It was great when folks left the BIG O & let us know they were FREE!!!!!!

I am not 90 but 85.... You know what???? The big o told me I would be beautiful after 1975,no wrinkles
    no gray hair ,no humpty back,( which I have) They lied!!!! Cos I have all of the above, as well as no teeth...
    I am sure all at Bethel must have long noses like Pinnocio,,,
    Or the ones that were there in MY time & told us that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit