watchtower society at lost to handle relative

by lightreturns 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lightreturns
    lightreturns

I have a relative that previously followed New Age Movement before becoming a Jehovah Witness. He listened to a lot of brain entrainment cd's, and now claims it's affecting his life as a witness. These sound frequencies supposedly have altered his ability to follow watchtower rules effectively. I know it's a creative excuse to stop doing anything related to the faith. They are seriously trying to help him rid of "demonic" influences from his previous life that's now effecting him. I honestly wonder what will come of him, if the society is unable to deprogram him,and reprogram his their way. He basically has no responsiblities stating " light" will affect everything that he touches. It's a crafty game that he's playing, and I can't wait to see the outcome to this.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Is he just messing with them or does he really believe it?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Interesting, as he may be malingering mental illness to escape OR as pointed out above, he may be emerging with symptoms of mental illness....

I suspect some JWs I know are using their children's 'soft' neurological issues (eg autism) in order to keep them and themselves 'under the radar', as an excuse to not get baptized or participate in FS. It's a big price to pay....

• Glander
    Glander

sounds like your relative is one of those people who like to sample lifestyles and who's belief system has not gelled. From New Age to JWs, thats enough to give anybody whiplash.

• lightreturns
    lightreturns

He's told me that it's basically a game to get out of responsibities. He told the elders that he cant do anything until he's helped, as it may affect the whole congregation. I don't know how he came up with this, but basically right now he's not being used. Im just wondering can they disfellowship him for this "supposed' previous life interference? He told them even writing a letter might affect a householder in an unclean way. They have been by to pray with him, and are really at a lost on how to proceed. Regardless of how this goes, it's the most insane plot I've ever heard.

• Glander
    Glander

He's diddling them around! Cool

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, he learned to play the fade game quick. That's one way to ease oneself out of the mire.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

WOW,..

I want the rights to the book/movie.

I have heard from a family member the the WTBTS has a special person that travels the US to help out with hard to fix demon cases. He's like the closest thing to an Excorcist.

Not sure if this guy REALLY exist or if it is a way to shore up the JWs belief in demons.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit