NeverKnew - Biography?

by NeverKnew 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm seeing quite a few posters requesting that new people post their biographies. I'm almost embarrassed to do this for two reasons.

1. I may be perceived as just another bleeding heart who would have absolutely no clue as to how one feels about leaving or being torn from the society.

2. I have concerns about the 10+ JWs who have infiltrated numerous aspects of my life (work/personal friends/friends of friends) being lurkers and recognizing my "biographical profile." Given what I'm reading, I run the risk of killing any trust they may have for me.

Through circumstance, I'm familiar with the traditions of about 4 major Christian (Trinitarian) denominations and consider myself denominationally neutral. I believe it would be pure arrogance for any denomination to say that their doctrines supercede another's in the Creator's eyes. After being exposed to the online and personally shared stories of personal and emotional destruction of this particular group's adherents along with the deception of the leaders, my respect for JW doctrine has certainly hit rock bottom.

I'm here to understand the mindset and the language of JWs who are a part of my life in hopes of communicating more effectively. I have no desire to sell anyone on my beliefs for that runs it's course towards conditional acceptance. It just sickens me to listen to uninformed protests when I ask questions. I think that's my issue... this week. *Sigh*

Is it enough to say that I'm an "ex-JW/uninformed JW" sympathizer?

I have very few posts left for the day and I'm okay with that. I have work to do! ttyl :)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome.

I've never posted mine, and would rather newbies waited until they are 100% certain that posting such information either wont harm them, or don't care if it does.

A poster on here worked out exactly who I was without my posting hardly any personal info on this site, thankfully she had no ill will or desire to harm me, but it is be best to be careful about what you post as some have been outed and DF'd as a result. If and when I am DF'd and have nothing further to lose then I will be doing the bio post, but until then i wont.

• clarity
    clarity

Neverknew ... welcome to this place where you can 'just be yourself'.

No rules except those posted below. Don't let anyone rush you.

Looking forward to your posts when you're comfortable ...

just don't give too much personal information ...ok!

clarity

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The good news is that my salvation and the relationships with all the family and friends I've ever known will remain intact!

The bad news is that the ones who might have the most to gain from that which I learn from you will run for the hills.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I've never posted mine, either, and I think it affected my 'progress' on the board...

Well, that - and the fact that I'm an impudent brat who tends to open her mouth and blurt out whatever I'm thinking...

But with time, I found acceptance here - and there were some who accepted me right off the bat.

So no, you don't have to post your 'autobiography' on here. The information in the OP is more than sufficient for most of us to figure out that you're probably not a 'troll' nor a JW elder actively snooping on here to find erring members of his congregation...

By the way,

welcome on board

• Tooz
    Tooz

"I may be perceived as just another ..."

You can only control a certain amount of what we perceive .. we will make up our own reality about you anyway.

"I have concerns about the 10+ JWs who have infiltrated ... my life ..."

Valid concern.

If you have apprehensions with sharing private and personal things with an audience you don't trust, then you shouldn't.

Your "pearls" are precious ... don't throw them before swine.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Tooz: I have seen that you need to have some confidence to post around here and posting is not for the faint at heart! I trust the acceptance of the board. It's the one's who are in my life on a personal level that would run. Seems like that's common around these parts.

I don't want anyone to think my goal is to hurt them. Given the conditional love of the WT, there may come a day that I can be a true friend.

• perfect1
    perfect1

NeverKnew,

I think you may be an itsy bit too paranoid....

No need to post a frickin life story but most JWs are taught to NEVER look at a board like this.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome NeverKnew!

"After being exposed to the online and personally shared stories of personal and emotional destruction of this particular group's adherents along with the deception of the leaders, my respect for JW doctrine has certainly hit rock bottom. "

Stick around a while, and I think you'll discover that Watchtower Religio/Publishio/Real Estate Corporation will be able to prove to you that there are many levels below 'rock bottom' that they are willing and able to descend to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit