My JW In-Law Celebrated my Bday...sort of.

by MaybeSo 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

New member, first post.

So, my bday was last Monday, to my surprise my wonderful JW mother-in-law brought me a big ass cake (chocolate, my fav) on Sunday along with a nice cologne with all the accesories included. All this just because!

Hmm.... I wonder if she was secretely giving me a bday gift?? What do I know, maybe she was just being nice.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, a lot of Witnesses secrety celebrate birthdays. As long as they don't have candles on the cake and sing happy birthday they figure it's ok. It happens a lot.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to more posts from you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

She sounds like a JW who plays by the rules-just. There are different schools of thought on that-some would call her a hypocrite. I say that she is in an org that she may be in for reasons that are not fully what the WT thinks they should be, but she is making the best of it.

Better yet, she is a nice mother in law. Forget the JW part, that was just a nice thing to do. Particularly BECAUSE she is JW.

She may be one of us.

I'm not here a lot, but I will joing whathappened in welcoming you to the board.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Happy Fuc@#$g birthday! Maybe she's seeing that she's in a cult. Hope so!

DC

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Warm welcome and happy belated birthday Maybe So. Sounds like a B-day cake & gift to me. By giving it to you the day before your actual birthday she has plausible deniability. lol Looking forward to hearing your story.Leslie

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

thanx for the warm welcome everyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit