false prophets

by fakesmile 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

im just thinking out loud here, which isnt exactly my strong suit. but how can an organisation send half cocked "ministers" who are uneducated/ ill prepared and often have the most atrocious family arrangements, to tell complete strangers how they should live their lives? is it an inside joke? are there a group of losesers with failed life expectations (in bethel)laughing at the fact that even weaker minded ppl are doing what they dictate?(disregard that one). in short what is the payoff for having ppl who i would personally distance myself from represent my hood?

conspiricy buffs please chime in. how does this help or hurt the goals of the corperation?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Slavery has always been a lucrative field, and when you've figured out a way to make your slaves recruit new slaves, wow you've really got something very profitable there!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Can't answer the question, but I agree that it's true.

I knew one pioneer sister whose family life was a mess. When she went on RVs and bible studies she'd spend the entire visit updating the person on the latest drama in her family. No wonder none of them ever progressed to baptism.

duh

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm sure they would point out that the apostles were all uneducated, but were called to lead others -- even those who were better educated.

The trouble is, the apostles were "called" and "ordained," while the General Body are neither.

"Surely the Lord will do nothing, save he reveal it unto his servants the prophets." Where is the GB mentioned by any of the prophets? Also, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." Where are the witnesses to verify the GB?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

@ Cold Steel,

Themselves ??!!

@ Fakesmile,

People with sucky lives can easily be drawn into a group that controls them. It is like joining a gang, or being a G.I in the army. It sucks too, but you have some security in your mind. So you keep an eye out for people to " help ". It is just a numbers game, the more you send out slaves and the more those slave believe they have found something the harder they preach. Sooner or later they find someone who needs a gang to run with. There are a few that make it in the upper ranks like bethel and the GB, but most are cannon fodder sharing their suffering together. It is messed up!!! It is a great system like Tootired2care said. Your slaves, or company men or rank-and-file recruit for the corporation. Everyone suffers but somehow the machine just won't die! I think the pay-off for the members is alleviating the guilt that they have been brainwashed into feeling. They don't really understand the very book they are supposed to follow because grace has nothing to do with a certain amount of prescribed works. Like I said, they are messed up.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

The WTBS prepackes it all, not thought or intelligence required. Just ADD OBEDIANCE!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

New Article on false prophets of the Watchtower:

http://www.soul.host-ed.me/false-prophets/index.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Society of the Jehovah's Witnesses claims to be God's one and only true prophet, and it is God's only and exclusive organization on earth. All other religions (Babylon the Great), it teaches, are false religions functioning under the power and influence of Satan. They write: “Whom has God actually used as his prophet? …. Jehovah's witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them …. It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths.” (w59 y15 pp.40-41 pars. 13-14) Elsewhere they proclaim, “As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first-century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale. All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind it all.” (w64 6/15 p. 365 par 22)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit