Getting a glimpse from a distance....

by NeverKnew 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm lurk-listening to a meeting through a call-in phone number.... I am so annoyed that I missed the beginning of it!

When I patched in, I heard a voice... guess it was a person called an elder... who was celebrating a court case from ... did he say 1946???? Really? FORTY SIX????

They are talking about going from door to door in different areas of my city and what you should do depending on who approaches you!

• If it's a resident of an apartment building, you have a right to be there. Ignore their request to leave the building.
    • If it's the manager or superintendent of a building then leave.
    • If there's a no trespassing sign, don't go on to the property.
    • No solicitation signs - tell them you did not understand that sign as applying to you.
    • If you're called before officials such as the police you should NOT be afraid of them. (HUH??????)

WOW! An elder just told the congregation NEVER to mention that there's a legal department!?! He's stressing this! He really means it! OH, they have to report the incident to the elders (yeah... cause they have loads of legal and judicial experience).

Is this normal rhetoric at these meetings???? How to evade requests and even the law???

They seem to use the word "appreciate" a lot. I'm starting to hate that word. I'm also getting annoyed with the slamming of that which they call "Christendom" while walking around calling themselves Christians!

OH MY GOSH... are you kidding me? THEY JUST SAID THAT I'M LIKE AN IMMORAL WOMAN WHO IS TRYING TO HAVE RELATIONS WITH THE WHOLE GOVERNMENT INSTEAD OF RELATING TO MY CREATOR???? THE WHOLE GOVERNMENT???? Well, Obama is kinda hot, but.... are they saying I would rather have sex with him and the other thousands of government workers than.... ? This is insulting.... Is there ANYTHING POSITIVE that will be said?

WHY IS THIS GUY READING PHRASES AND ASKING QUESTIONS ON THE STATEMENT HE JUST FREAKING READ? HE JUST TOLD SOMEONE THEY DID A GREAT JOB! THEY JUST SAID WHAT HE SAID! You're kidding me, right?

Folks, if I went to one of these spiritually invigorating meetings - would they notice? Would they soften this crap so as not to offend with my presence???? IF so, I'll go and sit right in the middle so the congregation doesn't have to hear such seething hatred!

.....and why does everyone taking turns answering sound so ...old? Why can't they read? Why did that person stutter so badly? What the heck? That last woman sounded like she should be on oxygen! Getting a glimpse of what you're all talking about.

Sorry about the isolated disconnected sentences. Listening and vent-typing.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

No, they wouldn't change anything for you; they can't go off script (thus the read, question, parrot format). Your being there would lift everyone's spirits, however, and you would be mobbed by smiles and handshakes, all hoping to briing you into the fold--in a good congregation, anyway. In some cases, you might just get a few suspicious glances and a greeting from an elder or servant to let you know that they're watching you, while the rest shuffle into their cliques or about their normal, dreary routine.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Read"1984" and you will learn all you ned to know about the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

HAHA Honesty! Read that in high school! That's a scary parallel....

I'm sorry about the insensitivity I may have shown. Had to go out and take a walk. The venom being spewn towards those who represent "Christendom" was palpable. To hear the voices of children who could barely read and elderly who seemed to be infirmed and knowing that they are taking this information in as the voice of God is hard to digest. Knowing that I have lifelong friends who have been listening to this type of vitriolic language since we were young is even harder.

I Want To Believe: The notion that they wouldn't tone it down is even scarier. But, at least it's honest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit