NY Arch. to Involve 5-0 in Molestation Allegations

by BoozeRunner 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

I expect to see this occurring thoughout the various Diocese's at least throughout this country in response to recent revelations of pedophilia in the Catholic Church. Some already do so.

One can only wonder just how long the WTS will hold out, or when the authorities will make such laws uniform in the U.S.

I added bold coding to emphasize some key points.

Boozy

http://www.wnbc.com/news/1301596/detail.html

N.Y. Archdiocese To Notify Authorities In Priest Molestation Cases
    Previously Church Officials Wouldn't Notify Police
    POSTED: 12:39 p.m. EST March 13, 2002 UPDATED: 12:46 p.m. EST March 13, 2002 NEW YORK

The Archdiocese of New York, in a change from its previous policy, will report suspected pedophile priests to authorities for criminal investigation, a spokesman said Wednesday. "We are now saying that we will report these cases to the authorities if there is reasonable cause to suspect abuse has taken place, and the victims do not object," said Joseph Zwilling, a spokesman for the nation's third-largest archdiocese.
    Previously, church officials would not inform authorities but would tell the victims and their families that they had the right to notify law enforcement about any sexual abuse of children. The change in policy was recently instituted by Cardinal Edward Egan, who became spiritual leader for 2.4 million Catholics when he arrived in the archdiocese two years ago.
    It comes at a time when the Catholic Church has been stunned by a major sexual abuse scandal in the Diocese of Boston, where a deal was announced Tuesday paying as much as $30 million to 86 people who had claimed sexual abuse by a former priest.
    In January, Boston Cardinal Bernard Law established a "zero tolerance" policy, and he has since given prosecutors names of 80 priests accused of abuse over five decades. Ten active priests have been suspended. The standard of "reasonable cause" cited by Zwilling is the same legal terminology used for professions that are "mandated reporters" -- teachers, doctors and others required by law to report suspected cases of sexual abuse.
    Under state law, New York clergy are not legally bound to report sexual abuse allegations to authorities.
    Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

• JT
    JT

very powerful quotes that have been higlighted by this poster:
    consider them carefully:

1. "in a change from its previous policy"

2. "We are now saying that we will report these cases
    to the authorities"

3. "Previously, church officials would not inform authorities
    but would tell the victims and their families that they
    had the right to notify law enforcement about any
    sexual abuse of children. The change in policy was
    recently instituted by Cardinal Edward Egan"

4. "In January, Boston Cardinal Bernard Law established
    a "zero tolerance" policy, and he has since given
    prosecutors names of 80 priests"

now consider this, the catholic church is Satan's #1 religion and yet Satan has seen the need to direct his leardership to come forward on thier own without waiting for the victim --if the victim is ok with it -- to tell the police,

now will Jah direct his FDS to see the need to come forward and do the same,

will the WT which is BASED IN NY AS WELL do what the catholic church has done

i recall being asked with is the difference between a rightoues man and a good man and the WT explanation i was given was

a righteous man on does WHAT THE LAW REQUIRES, BUT A GOOD MAN GOES WELL BEYOND THAT

well the law in NY doesn't reequire it, yet the catholic church in their effort be it sincerely or not will go beyond THE LAW

now we have JR Brown On record stating that the wt ONLY COMPLIES WITH WHAT THE LAW REQUIRES

so here we have Satan's #1 chruch with a policy that is better that the Greatest God in the Universe

now ain't something wrong with that picture

Just my 2

James

"The standard of "reasonable cause" cited by Zwilling is the same legal terminology used for professions that are "mandated reporters" -- teachers, doctors and others required by law to report suspected cases of sexual abuse.

Under state law, New York clergy are not legally bound to report sexual abuse allegations to authorities"

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Beautiful analogy JT.

One would think the comparison would be devastating enough to make a Rank&File JW person at least THINK and realize something is WRONG.

Alas, in most cases they have forgotten what it means to possess a rational mind.

Im hoping that this infamous "Dateline" special airs relatively soon, for the extensive press on the Catholic priests would carry over well into discussion on the JW.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Reborn, it would be great if the DATELINE show could air while the Catholic mess is still fresh in peoples mind. Of course, the R&F JW would think that reporters are just trying to bash ALL religion and attribute it to apostates. Their persecution complex would kick in, and then they will start preparing for Armegeddon AGAIN!!!

JT, great analogy-I thought of several of those points as I was compiling my original post. Especially ironic is the fact that the WTS likes to say that JWs are morally superior to all other faiths. Well, such reporting should be a MORAL decision, NOT a legal one. But of course, as they like to save face so much, they show that they are morally superior to NO ONE!!!

Boozy

• waiting
    waiting

Soooooooo,

The Catholic Church is trying to be good, and the WTBTS is trying to be righteous.

There is the term self-righteous - which carries a strong negative connotation, and jw's say they strive not to be that way.

There doesn't exist a negative term self-goodness - I would suppose because a person can't be too much good?

But can be too much righteous......like the WTBTS.

Straining at the gnat.
    Can't see the rafter in your own eye.
    Pay attention to yourselves.
    Beware he who is standing doesn't fall.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit