"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

There is no meaningful answer to this question not least because it assumes the existence of God. So, in the absence of evidence or even a reasonable hypothesis grounded in reason and logic, fantastical and absurd constructions fill the void.

No that is not the case. All that has been shown on this thread is that what those who chose to address the topic contributed (on this small exJW forum) was not, in your opinion, close to being sufficient. That though is not evidence there is no answer that would be sufficient for you. Looking for answers to big fish questions in a small fishbowl ensures no satisfactory answer will be found.

In truth, Biblical questions seem to be considered entertainment here not adult discussions. I would recommend all those who believe in God and the Bible to seek other venues for their Bible discussions.

Frank

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So suggest a sufficient and adult response to the question Hold Me . . . but no, of course not.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It is obvious that you assume too much and you conclude too much from what you read.

Of course none of that is true. Don't be ridiculous, silly bear!

You know know of cellular activity because of science (from your link on life's process where you tried to avoid defining what you meant). You then tried to use the knowledge gained from science in an argument arguing for an unscientific view. Your conclusion would undermine the evidence used to get to your conclusion. It doesn't logically work.

Besides that, it is a fact that there is an obvious difference between a living creature and something inanimate, but that difference only describes a living organism, it does not explain nor does it invalidate "an unscientific view" of what life is and what animates a living creature, as the "Bible" explains, which is also in the context of this thread. This topic is about what the Bible says, in terms of the Bible and not in terms of the scientific process (method).

Describe the obvious difference, please, upon which you base this statement. Specifically, the thread is about the illogic of the Bible. No one in the OP set the terms you describe, nor are you able to set them. You chose to discuss life, you don't now get to try to avoid the conversation by making up non-existent requirements for posting in this thread. It may be helpful for you to review this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/166820003/why-do-religious-people-make-claims-then-refuse-back-them-up

I have already responded to the OP. I will repeat. According to the Bible, God is not dependent. That means that He does not need a place to exist.

So then he doesn't exist is the inescapable conclusion of that logic. Also, the Bible doesn't say that.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Try using your brain before claiming you nose. In other words, use a skinny ruler before opening your mouth.

His opening post never said what you claimed. To support your lie, you decided to use insults. You truly are a perfect Christian.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

so therefore God has two eyes, two hands, two feet, a nose and a bum......Finklestien

......GOD HAS A BUM!!.....GOD HAS A BUM!!....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

.....http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Patrick-Spongebob-Freak-Out-Run-In-Circles.gif

• Viviane
    Viviane
    All that has been shown on this thread is that what those who chose to address the topic contributed (on this small exJW forum) was not, in your opinion, close to being sufficient. That though is not evidence there is no answer that would be sufficient for you. Looking for answers to big fish questions in a small fishbowl ensures no satisfactory answer will be found

No one has provided any answer that doesn't immediately contradict either itself or reality.

In truth, Biblical questions seem to be considered entertainment here not adult discussions. I would recommend all those who believe in God and the Bible to seek other venues for their Bible discussions.

The Bible is entertainment and contains plenty of adult topics, such as tips for menstruating and pooping in hole to properly raping and taking ownership of a woman.

If you want a conversation where everyone feels fantastic at the end because it's little more than a self-referential masturbatory congratulation session with no depth or examination of beliefs as held against reality that culminates in an orgy of prayer, then yes, this forum may not quite fit the bill for that discussion type.

• cofty
    cofty
    I would recommend all those who believe in God and the Bible to seek other venues for their Bible discussions. - HMTM

Try an echo-chamber.

You are obviously unwilling to even consider the possibility that the bible is not what you assume it is.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

. . . but no, of course not.

Yes, that's right I will not. There are two requirements for providing a sufficient answer on this forum. 1, the time and ability to give an answer that supplies the whole, the complete Biblical understanding along with the scientific theories/parallels which support the Biblical understanding. Such a discussion is found in scholarly literature not forums. 2, the desire to provide an answer for purely entertainment purposes.

Chicken and egg discussions are not meant to be informative only entertaining.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    There are two requirements for providing a sufficient answer on this forum. 1, the time and ability to give an answer that supplies the whole, the complete Biblical understanding along with the scientific theories/parallels which support the Biblical understanding. Such a discussion is found in scholarly literature not forums. 2, the desire to provide an answer for purely entertainment purposes.

Science doesn't support believing in invisible people made of unknown stuff that can't be detected. At all. In any way.

• DJS
    DJS

Hold Me, "I would recommend all those who believe in God and the Bible to seek other venues for their Bible discussion."

Since you only recently arrived, it is awfully presumptuous of you to suggest such. If it isn't working out for you so well, perhaps everyone else should stick around and you should leave. Just a thought. As I explained to CalebFromFlorida, evidence is required to make an argument on this site. Perhaps you should find a better venue for you - one that revels in myths, legends, talking snakes and fiery dragons.

We've ALL done the bible research you are talking about. I immersed myself in that when I was a Dub. Likely, so did Cofty and Viviane and everyone else on this site. It all turned out to be Hebrew spin and nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit