"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos
    Where was the possible creator before the beginning? would you consider the same place that the universe expands into? The place of the multiverses? The place with the supposed virtual fluctuations? the holding area of dark energy?
  • Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

When my wife was in full indoctrination mode I asked her the following:

"Jehovah created man correct? Then who created Jehovah?"

She was flumoxed by this question as it had clearly never occurred to her. So I said: "I will give you a clue, they also created Allah, the Hindu Gods, the Ancient Egyptian Gods etc." She continued to look perplexed but also now a bit suspicious. "Do you give up?" I asked. "Mankind!" I answered at which point she looked at me darkly and walked off.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You can't turn to science to explain an unscientific view.

It is obvious that you assume too much and you conclude too much from what you read. Besides that, it is a fact that there is an obvious difference between a living creature and something inanimate, but that difference only describes a living organism, it does not explain nor does it invalidate "an unscientific view" of what life is and what animates a living creature, as the "Bible" explains, which is also in the context of this thread. This topic is about what the Bible says, in terms of the Bible and not in terms of the scientific process (method).

I have already responded to the OP. I will repeat. According to the Bible, God is not dependent. That means that He does not need a place to exist.

• username
    username
    This is why good is a mad psychopath, he spent for to much time in the abyss of total darkness. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it all its crazy thinking he's been around for all eternity twiddling his divine fingers and one day has one of those eureka moments!
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

DJS, your last post hit all the nails on all their heads! Thanks.

Seems to me that what's happening here is 'construction'. There is no meaningful answer to this question not least because it assumes the existence of God. So, in the absence of evidence or even a reasonable hypothesis grounded in reason and logic, fantastical and absurd constructions fill the void.

Where was the possible creator before the beginning? would you consider the same place that the universe expands into?

Prologos, you do understand that the Universe isn't expanding into anything right?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    This topic is about what the Bible says, in terms of the Bible and not in terms of the scientific method.

What are you sniffing Fisherman? How did you get from my opening post to that?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

In the beginning God created the heavers and the earth?

So where did God exist before he created the heavens?

compare

What are you sniffing Fisherman? How did you get from my opening post to that?

compare

This topic is about what the Bible says, in terms of the Bible and not in terms of the scientific process (method).I have already responded to the OP. I will repeat. According to the Bible, God is not dependent. That means that He does not need a place to exist.

Whether or not you have concluded that God exists is another matter. Neither is the God of the Bible described in the Bible to be anything physical or dependent. Hence, no human can uses any ruler to measure him to you.

Genesis 1:1 is referring to the physical heavens. See Gen 1:8

"sniffing"

Try using your brain before claiming you nose. In other words, use a skinny ruler before opening your mouth.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Genesis 1:1 is not about the beginning of God or the the spirit realm. God has no beginning according to the Bible also other Bible verses describe other heavenly creatures already in existence prior to the creation of man. The creation described in Genesis (in the beginning) according to its context is that of the physical universe..
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sigh . .

My topic title quotes Genesis 1:1 which is where the opening post launches from. You don't get to redefine my topic to suit your 'argument' Fisherman.

The Bible is silent on God's pre heavenly existence so the debate, by necessity, is not "about what the Bible says".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    God has no beginning according to the Bible

Okay. Does Heaven have a beginning according to the Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit