"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only evidence of god (s) have come from men's imaginations, my guess is thats where it will rest until proven other wise.

Where logic breaks down in the postulation that a god created the universe at a defined segment of time,

with a beginning, comes in at what was this always existed god doing prior to creating the universe ?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I wasn't responding to you. My post was a continuation of my response to Nicolaou. Since I wasn't able to amend my first post to him with the related information, I had to post the additional information on a separate post. Besides that, the term Almighty says it all.

Then you should have made that more clear.

"Almighty" says nothing about creation.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Can you not see that resorting to the Bible to answer the question doesn't work?

Quote the Bible and lose the argument; the Bible is the claim, not the proof.

You quoted the Bible to begin with, and you requested an opinion, and you asked a question about heaven according to the Bible. But now you say that resorting to the Bible to answer a question doesn't work. I did not request to see anything from you. I was only trying to answer your questions that you asked on this thread. THE END.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    You quoted the Bible to begin with, and you requested an opinion, and you asked a question about heaven according to the Bible. But now you say that resorting to the Bible to answer a question doesn't work. I did not request to see anything from you. I was only trying to answer your questions that you asked on this thread. THE END.

Incorrect. He was asking a question about the logic of what the Bible says. Using more illogic from the Bible isn't answering the question, nor does making false claims about what the Bible says.

• prologos
    prologos

It is difficult to deal with these big questions, but if respected theorists work with the idea that time and an ur-space existed prior to our universe's it shows it is within the realm of possibilities. Even in the works of the "something from Nothing" genre, "Nothing" always turns out to be something and to precede the beginning. My remark on "dark matter" being absorbed is a honest mistake: I thought and meant to write "Dark Energy" I remember distinctly reading in one of the science journal sites, that the accelerated expansion of the universe, that would require added energy, is fuelled by the Dark Energy of the void that the universe expands into.

existence exited from a pre-beginning inning.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It is difficult to deal with these big questions, but if respected theorists work with the idea that time and an ur-space existed prior to our universe's it shows it is within the realm of possibilities.

It sure is. Please stop stating those things as fact.

My remark on "dark matter" being absorbed is a honest mistake: I thought and meant to write "Dark Energy" I remember distinctly reading in one of the science journal sites, that the accelerated expansion of the universe, that would require added energy, is fuelled by the Dark Energy of the void that the universe expands into.

It happens. And yes, the accelerated expansion is fueled by something. A very very unknown something. We've no idea if it being absorbed since we've no actual idea what it is.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Does Heaven have a beginning according to the Bible?

The Bible does not mention me personally. But according to my birth records, yes, I did have a beginning.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So Jesus is god after all. "In the beginning---God created" Colossians chapter 1 says that "all things" in heaven and earth came into existence by means of Jesus.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• tiki
    tiki
    Right on Old Hippie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit