"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Perhaps Jonsson's belief in God and the Bible would not be ridiculed here if he posted? - Frank

Jonsson would get respect for his historical research.

If he made assertions about supernatural superstitions they would be held up to scrutiny like everybody else.

To do otherwise would be disrespectful.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Good, no great, reply!

Thanks.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Wow

Pointless boring circular arguments.

You might as well just go in field service. At least you people would get some exercise and fresh air.

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake - Have you ever contributed actual content to a thread?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Frank, you are missing the point.

If COJ posted his religious beliefs here I suppose they would be debated the same as any other persons.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that because someone has faith that atheists will automatically dismiss anything they have to say.

It's the opinion of believers that I'm actively seeking here.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Human ignorance is an known and indisputable fact, hence the reason why so many variable stories of the supernatural creators coming from distinctively different parts of the world, from uniquely different cultural civilizations.

The ancient Hebrews located in the Middle East were just one of those select civilizations who just happened to scribe their stories into a readable language .

This doesn't mean that they were honest or correct in their stories.

Archaeological discoveries have concluded that they bullshitted a lot within those expressed stories or scribed writings.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Nicolaou:

If COJ posted his religious beliefs here I suppose they would be debated the same as any other persons.

Yes, that's what Cofty said and I thought it balanced and fair.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that because someone has faith that atheists will automatically dismiss anything they have to say.

No, I was wondering if Jonsson would be given a pass.

Okay.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

.. and although science deals with the obvious, the Bible is about human conduct, the duties that humans have towards one another, towards God, towards all creation, and---accountability that everyone must face,

• Viviane
    Viviane
    .. and although science deals with the obvious, the Bible is about human conduct, the duties that humans have towards one another, towards God, towards all creation, and---accountability that everyone must face,

And the Bible is an example of exactly how to NOT behave. It endorses rape, slavery, murder, abortion, theft and genocide, just to name a few. For instance, if you followed the Bible, you could rape a woman and then buy her from her father. Is that the reality you expect women to face?

Science doesn't deal with the obvious, that is an uneducated and wrong thing to say. It is a method for investigating reality.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Wow
    Pointless boring circular arguments.
    You might as well just go in field service. At least you people would get some exercise and fresh air.

Hey, we're trying to help you understand why your arguments are circular, pointless and boring, but we can't MAKE you learn anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit