"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So where did God exist before he created the heavens?
  • Simon
    Simon

Good question, LOL

Strange that he decided to create everything at once. It's not like he created heaven, then after some millennia got bored and decided to create some pets to play with.

No, it was everything all at once - home for him, some house-guests and a hamster wheel for us too. Heck, he even invented a nemesis for himself.

The only other explanation is that it's just a ridiculous story and no more true than the Superman origin or what we have been told of the Transformers home world and history.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably at home lounging around and his wife told him to get out and create something calling him a lazy bum.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Personally, I have no idea, but I can see another smack down thread coming on. I can feel it in me buns.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

of course this is one ancient mans explanation of what might had happened. its certainly not the right answer. it is in fact one mans story. with lots of contradictions I might add. this is whats so puzzling, where did anything come from? evolution certainly can be a logical answer but still, where did matter come from to begin with?

I personally could never get past genesis , its too unbelievable. the whole bible is too unbelievable.lol

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I believe the preferred reply by a Christian on this forum is to say, "I do not know" in order that he may be left in peace.

Frank

• galaxie
    galaxie
    As we are all the result of a physical state which existed as a result of forces which may be beyond the limits of human comprehension as per the make up of our brain, we have to work with the evidence which presents itself either by scientific study or natural occurrences. Where god exists or did exist or will exist is a deviation , sometimes deliberately so to detract from reality in our knowledgeable and enlightened times.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.

Whether or not you have concluded that God exists is another matter. Neither is the God of the Bible described in the Bible to be anything physical or dependent. Hence, no human can uses any ruler to measure him to you.

Genesis 1:1 is referring to the physical heavens. See Gen 1:8

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Since He is a spirit being, He exists "nowhere", He exists outside of the psysical realm. Time began existing only when matter came into existence, so talking about Him existing countless of millions of years before the Universe came into existence, is nonsense - before the Universe, before matter, there was no time. Einstein for dummies.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Bible describes god as an image of man, so therefore God has two eyes, two hands, two feet, a nose and a bum.

Just sounds like a regular guy if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit