I have finally named my parakeets.

by Tammie 6 Replies latest social family

• Tammie
    Tammie

After several days of thinking, and everyones suggestions. I have finally named my birds. First of all I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. There were so many good names that was given. I had a hard time debating between several. Here are their names.
    The green and yellow parakeet is now named Athena.
    The blue parakeet is now named Blue Heaven.
    I could not have done it myself. Thank you again.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ahhhh! I remember the parakeets I grew up, and the memories are fond. Each one had their own personalities, and their names fit them:

Reggie

Tiki

Sampson

Your birds and their personalities will surely be linked to those beautiful names for long after they're gone!

Hope they enjoy pooping on the Awake! magazine at the bottom of their cage.

-J.R.

The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    The opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

((Tammi)) Another parakeet lover on this site........YIPPEE!

I have three and am thinking of getting a few more!

My husband bought me my first two.........after racking my brain for names,my two year old son kept calling them "One" and "Two"....so we just kept them at that.

When the third one came home, my two oldest jumped in and named him "Blueberry" before the youngest got the chance.

Aren't they just the greatest of pets? What personalities! I would love a little white one..........only problem, is my house will soon start to look like a petstore!

• Grout
    Grout

Parakeets are the gateway drug. Next thing you know you'll have a lovebird, then a cockatiel, then a Senegal ... pretty soon you'll be buying full-height cages for your cockatoos and wondering if your macaw will play with the grey parrot's old toys!

Watch out! Being a bird person is irreversable! (but fun)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My very best friend has a brown-headed African parrot. She's going through her terrible twos and has quite a temper. Beautiful little green body - she's named Shamrock. She bites me everytime I visit. I call her Birdzilla.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Congratulations on your newest family members!!! Pets are wonderful, and give so much joy and love. I'm not a bird person, so I cannot relate to the actual 'bird' personalities, but I'm more of a traditionalist, I'm a dog person, and I can tell you my dogs certainly do have their own personalities..

You don't have to get up at 6:00 AM every morning to walk the birds, do you? Maybe I'll have to think about a bird next time

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    I call her Birdzilla.

One of my friends has one of those little yappie Chiwawa's (Sorry, don't know how to spell it, the same dog as in the Taco Bell commericals)..

Every time I go and visit him the dog snaps and growls at me.

I call him poochzilla !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit