What I Learned Today

by OneFingerSalute 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    The double down on disfellowshipping is really a noodle scratcher for me. I'm just not certain what it is really accomplishing.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

problemaddict2 - "The double down on disfellowshipping is really a noodle scratcher for me. I'm just not certain what it is really accomplishing."

If I had to guess, I'd say that it was proportional reaction to the amount of shun-related rule-bending going on.

They hear that it's happening more and more, so they say "stop it!" more and more.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I printed off a number of those pictures with the price of that watch included and highlighted, folded them neatly, then dropped them in the collection boxes as my "donation"

Lol, wish I could have been there when the envelope was opened. Well played.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Shame. I see they still keep attempting to kill off the Son to steal his inheritance for themselves. Odd ball "Christians" who never speak of Christ.

I guess that would be too much of a problem for JWs; all that forgiveness, light loads, helping the poor, non judgmental humility, and such.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Do more! Give more! Shun DF'd family at all times, for all reason, and at all places, including social media, photos, or any other excuses you might think up or you will lose your peace and show you resent Jehovah. If you are hurt by what someone says or does, buck up it's your fault and if you don't forgive them you will lose your peace and make Jehovah sad. The governing body has given us so many wonderful things from Jehovah that we would never have gotten otherwise like that jw.xxx site and the jw TV site. What are YOU going to give back to the organization for those wonderful things. Of course the normal whines about showing self-sacrifice and contribute to the substantial expenses of this wonderful assembly provided by 'the slave'.."

"I pledge allegiance to the Slave, and to the Organization for which it stands, one Society under the Governing Body, unconditional, with loyalty and obedience above all."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Of course the normal whines about showing self-sacrifice and contribute to the substantial expenses of this wonderful assembly provided by "the slave".

Perhaps the constant influx of court cases are starting to affect their financial situation.

The double down on disfellowshipping is really a noodle scratcher for me. I'm just not certain what it is really accomplishing.

It's a fear tactic to keep people in line. But it has long term negative effects that I think ultimately harm the group as a whole. If outsiders know about it, they won't want to join. So I get where you're coming from pa2. Alas, their mentality is still living in the 1st century.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

A few more tid-bits as I can stomach sharing them. Remember a joy shared is doubled, and a trouble shared is halved. So thanks to all of you for halving my trouble.

The Circuit Overseer's morning part was trying to tell us how to search for friends of peace. Three things mentioned were insight, when people at the doors are angry with us it isn't because of who we are, it is their circumstance (their fault); show respect, funny how disrespectful most JDubya's are when it comes right down to it; and be gracious in how we speak, that is why they use terms like mentally diseased I am sure.

The visiting speaker from Bethel started off yammering about how men don't know how to carry their young babies, as you see the babies in the dad's arms with the babies heads flopping down or their arms hanging out of the blanket. Good gawd, does he really think that Jehovah witless men are THAT stupid?

The "experiences" were nothing other than full on canned promotion of the School For Kingdom Evangelizers, or SKE in Witless speak. I hate when people think it makes them sound more intelligent to speak in abbreviations l

The final part of the day said to gain Jehovah's peace we had to be "humble" thinking and having the heart feeling that others thoughts, ways, and things are better than our. He also alluded to the fact that if we are offended, or have any other problems with others in the organization it is likely our fault for losing our humility and when that goes so does Jehovah's peace, and that is why we have problems, we've lost peace.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I printed off a number of those pictures with the price of that watch included and highlighted, folded them neatly, then dropped them in the collection boxes as my "donation".

Oh that's priceless. How come i never thought of that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit