What I Learned Today

by OneFingerSalute 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Just thought I would share what I learned today sitting for several miserable hours at the circus assembly.

While I took "notes" I just cannot stand trying to type out all the details. So suffice it to say the entire program can be covered with these few observations.

Do more! Give more! Shun DF'd family at all times, for all reason, and at all places, including social media, photos, or any other excuses you might think up or you will lose your peace and show you resent Jehovah. If you are hurt by what someone says or does, buck up it's your fault and if you don't forgive them you will lose your peace and make Jehovah sad. The governing body has given us so many wonderful things from Jehovah that we would never have gotten otherwise like that jw.xxx site and the jw TV site. What are YOU going to give back to the organization for those wonderful things. Of course the normal whines about showing self-sacrifice and contribute to the substantial expenses of this wonderful assembly provided by "the slave".

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    rinse repeat
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yuck!
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    Forgot about the Bethel heavy that was a "guest" speaker. The line to give him green handshakes was nearly twenty people deep. I noticed one guy I know who is always bitching about being broke hand him two one hundred dollar bills. Sickening the way they filed past him to grease his palms, as they greased their noses.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

OFS: Sickening the way they filed past him to grease his palms, as they greased their noses.

That wasn't grease on their noses.

Thanks for the update. Glad I wasn't there.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

We've been gone for 2+ years. Same ole same ole.

Sorry you had to attend.

Regarding the Bethel speaker...membership has it's privileges!

So glad we're free!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Forgot about the Bethel heavy that was a "guest" speaker. The line to give him green handshakes was nearly twenty people deep. I noticed one guy I know who is always bitching about being broke hand him two one hundred dollar bills. Sickening the way they filed past him to grease his palms, as they greased their noses.

He'll soon be able to buy his own Rolex, just like Sam Herd.

Doc

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Years ago when I was an elder.......in one of my public talks.....I used the term "brown noser" and was severely chastised for it. Guess I was naive then and didn't realize that the brown on the nose was the shit from the CO and Do and PO's ass.

HappyDad

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow...thanks for the summary...I guess I don't need to go and sit through it all now!

You took one for the team !

Thankyou!

As for money given as a gift to those in full time service (eg special pioneers and Bethelites), the OFFICIAL rule is that these ones are supposed to declare this amount to the branch, and they are then supposed to be given less monthly allowance in order to equalize it.

So if their Bethel monthly allowance is $200, they are supposed to tell Bethel they got a gift of $200. Then they will not be given their $200 allowance that month....

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    In which talk did they talk about shunning df'd family members?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit