Lessons To Be Learned From Morpheus

by undercover 3 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I've lost count of how many times I've seen the Matrix, but every time I see it, I pick up on some other tidbit. Sometimes it's something I forgot over the last few viewings, other times it's something I never focused on, or gave much thought to before.

Well, this last time I focused on something Morpheus said, and realized that if fits pretty darn well with those of us who, while mentally free and even inactive, are still part of the construct due to family connections, or similar.

We make it a point, over and over and over, here on the board that until a JW is questioning or doubting on their own, nothing we do, no amount of evidence contrary to WT teachings is going to convince them of their being trapped in a cult.

In other words...

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Great Quote! So applicable to JW's

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

you couldn't have said it any better undercover!! great post!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Bumped for a new generation of forum members....(overlapping generation that is)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit