Is it common for old men to marry young JW?

by adjusted knowledge 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    We have a middle Age couple in our congregation who have commanded their widowed mother not to remarry. They were concerned about the inheritance. The Widowed mother has told them that she is lonely and she needs male companionship, but, they have power of attorney and forbid it. But, I think that when a woman reveals that she wears Depends, it's a deal breaker. I don't care if she is Aunt Jemina in the kitchen.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that some are being very judgemental and using this as an excuse for dub-bashing.. Yes, it may happen but that is up to them as couples and nobody elses business. I have never seen the WT recommend it .

I have only seen it once, an old timer Circuit Overseer with a young, but mature in spirit , wife.

BTW, are we also criticizing Clint Eastwood, William Shatner & Nelson Mandela, to name but a few

• prologos
    prologos

wt might even be a plus in these setups. The moral control of the oversight might weed out the gold digger victimization seen in such marriages moving into 'favoured status' lands. Many seniors are very active, productive, Seeing, participating with your father in sports, working, gardening producing results rather than waving him goodbye in the morning, or for a stint of overseas work, could actually foster a healthier attitude, compared to the stress experienced by younger couples today, even if they might have the stability that comes with living in the parent's basement suite. So: Is it common? not really, being the exception rather than the norm, but highly recommended, verified by the many success stories.

• violias
    violias

Ugh, at 25 with 2 children I still looked very young. I had more than one CO ( 45+) have someone introduce me to them. One CO followed me everytime I got up before he had someone introduce us. He was looking for a young virgin. (pervert)

I guess there are some perks for men in the Org , women are just chattel.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Ugh, at 25 with 2 children I still looked very young. I had more than one CO ( 45+) have someone introduce me to them. One CO followed me everytime I got up before he had someone introduce us. He was looking for a young virgin. (pervert)

What if the CO had just waken up to TTATT, secretly played the powerball lottery and won 650 million dollars, 300 million after taxes. And was just attracted to you and wanted to disappear from the organization and travel the world and live the life of the Rich and Famous? Would that change your view?

• prologos
    prologos

violias, A man looking for a 25 year old virgin (looking younger) is not a pervert, he is a one-time rare Gem collector. Why is there this double standard, where the lady (or man) of, say age 32, having an interest in a 17.5 year old is a 'pervert' ready to be hauled into court, when it is ok to have sexual exploration between that almost 18 year old* 'minor' in their own age group? At what point becomes any age different a perversion, gross? Perhaps many girls' dream is to be a bride at 20something. Why would it be wrong for any red blooded man of any age to disagree with that? and acting on that, fulfill that dream when opportunity arises?

* contraceptives are passed out in some schools to pre-teens.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    At what point becomes any age different a perversion, gross?

When the older one is aware that the younger one is vulnerable because of inexperience and lack of knowledge, and subsequently exploits their position of power for their own satisfaction.

• kaik
    kaik
    It is hard not to judge age difference among partners, but my rule, both people are adults and it is their business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit