Is it common for old men to marry young JW?

by adjusted knowledge 57 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    That's a helluva way to "get ahead," Shirley. I would never, ever be able to pull something like that off.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

My wife told me about some of the setups and blind dates she had to endurance before she went fishing outside the pond. In her mid 20 the elders would think nothing of setting her up with a man in there mid 50s. She though it was absolutely disgusting.

I had a Grandma that was 20 years younger than my Grandpa. It is not a good situation later in life. You go from husband and wife to nurse and patient.

On a somewhat related note, we have a couple in our cong that looks like Penny from the Big Bang married to comic book from the Simpsons. It is odd. At least she married in the lord.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The one case in particular I know about (although there are many) is that this Brother called his family and said that there's a sister in the Hall that keeps hanging on to him trying to get his attention and it was really bothering him. About 3 or 4 months later he calls his grown kids and sister and says he's getting married.

This the same thing that happened to my father who was still in a vulnerable state after my mother had died abruptly. Within a month or two this manipulative and exploitive woman was making advances toward my father, which I thought and the rest of my family was inappropriate being the sensitive and perhaps lonely state my father was in at the time. He quickly married her in spite there being a 20 years difference in age and now secretly regrets making that decision to this day.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i have a real difficult time with a person marrying someone over ten years difference in age

. for one thing 20 years to me borderlines on perverted, pedifile ,behavior, cradle robbing, ect. and a female who goes after such an older man is not only mentally unbalanced to me, they have daddy issues. or caretaker issues.lol its just weird. i mean your 40 going after your daughters 20 yr old freind, ew . sorry.

so that now when these ones who marry such a gap in age, are 60 and still having some energy left, they are caretakers for a senior citizen and their married life is over..

why would anyone want such a generation gap?

imo, older men who go after young women in the org are no better than all the other men in the world who chase young women to boost their egos.lol

what utter crap. if you were a bloke i would tell you to fuck off.

• prologos
    prologos
    OC, The loss is not for the children. If I ruled the world I would propose a law, that men can not have children before turning 65, then they can devote 100% of their time to the kids and grandchildren too. The tested and proven genes work too of course. Some old men marry in their age range of course, for friendship, but anything over 45 can not be a natural procreative arrangement, sorry ladies, (not OC) sorry, if you are rightfully bitter, but the feeling does not make these 'Good Gene' young female, + old, fit male disgusting. disgusting only in your opinion, in my opinion.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    OC, The loss is not for the children.

Prologos, I understand what you are saying about having more time for children when you are older. That is true. Most men over 65 are holding grandchildren on their knee and sharing stories with them - that is a grandfather's role - not a father's.

A child of an elderly parent misses out on the critical role modeling that a younger father can give them. If a father is already retired when their child is born, that child has no exposure to how a male functions in their formative adult years. The child, instead, is taught how to behave in their declining years.

I know men who had elderly fathers - they describe the embarrassment of having their father show up at school and everyone thinking that it was their grandpa. And they describe the disappointment of having a father that was not able to engage in the activities that other children had with their fathers. Other children could engage in activities like 'take your kid to work' days. Simple things like throwing a baseball and learning how to ride a bike were not activities that their elderly fathers were capable of doing with them.

Now, I understand that there are older men with high energy levels...but...not many could run the bases around a baseball diamond and still be able to turn their turn at bat.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sorry, prologos...I am not picking on you. And I don't want to de-rail this thread, but children do factor into relationships between older men and younger women.

I want to point out that the disadvantages for children born of an elderly father has more than just social disadvantages. You said "If I ruled the world I would propose a law, that men can not have children before turning 65". Your statement disregards the environmental factors that preclude conception.

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/the-dangers-of-older-dads-2/

It took an Icelandic study on paternal age, the largest and most definitive to date, published in Nature last year, to capture public attention. A team of researchers lead by respected neurologist Kári Stefánsson found fathers determined the rate of new, or “de novo,” genetic mutations leading to autism, schizophrenia, dyslexia and other conditions involving brain function. De novo mutations are not harmful in themselves; but only one change in a key gene is required to cause some types of disease—the more mutations, the higher the risk. The study found “de novo” gene mutations double every 16.5 years: the baby of a 36-year-old father would, in theory, have twice as many new mutations than one whose father is 20, whose sperm carries about 25 mutations (though it doesn’t mean his child would automatically have twice as many problems; it depends where the mutuations occur). The study concluded the rate of increase in de novo mutations could be ascribed to the father’s age—97.1 per cent or “maybe entirely”—a totally unexpected result, Stefánsson told Maclean’s. “That is amazing, in itself.”

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I said this before, the borg is a paradise for men, young and old. I was

new in the org. and my book study conductor had recently lost his wife.

One night after the book study he was talking about why he needed to get

married. The brother was very horney, he made it clear when we were talking, LOL.

This brother had just retired so he was in his 60's, he married a sister in her 40's.

After he got married the book study I may say was less tense...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Did you suggest a date with Miss Rosie Palms or one of her 5 sisters?

Oh, wait, forget it. That'll never do in Watchtowerland.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I said this before, the borg is a paradise for men, young and old.

OK James you convinced me, I'm going back.

girls who like to party 013 Crazy pics of partying girls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit