Is it common for old men to marry young JW?

by adjusted knowledge 57 Replies latest jw friends

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    After all they are known to be perverts and child molesters.....................Tell us something new.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    for one thing 20 years to me borderlines on perverted, pedifile ,behavior, cradle robbing, ect. and a female who goes after such an older man is not only mentally unbalanced to me, they have daddy issues. or caretaker issues.lol its just weird. i mean your 40 going after your daughters 20 yr old freind, ew . sorry.

How judgmental of you to decide two adults are pedophiles for dating.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've heard of a "formula" for dating younger women, take half your age and add 7. That's the minimum. Your mileage may vary...;)

But really, who cares? As long as both people are happy and/or getting what they want/need. Life is short.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @villiage........sideshow bob, come to mind?
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

i have a real difficult time with a person marrying someone over ten years difference in age

. for one thing 20 years to me borderlines on perverted, pedifile ,behavior, cradle robbing, ect. and a female who goes after such an older man is not only mentally unbalanced to me, they have daddy issues. or caretaker issues.lol its just weird. i mean your 40 going after your daughters 20 yr old freind, ew . sorry.

Are you still a JW? From your judgmental attitude and your pseudoscience analysis sure sounds like it.

Marriages can be based on culture and needs. I know several older American and Aussie men that marry young Filipinas because of their caring nature. Recently one of these men died and his young wife was so sad, and missed him dearly. Their marriage was legal, and not a case of pedophilia.

• prologos
    prologos
    perhaps it is the evolutionary past that facilitates these young good-looking and caring chicks to marry older men, - 40-50 years their seniors. After all, if you have succeeded that long in life, have accumulated some wealth, are still full of desire,-- you carry good selfish genes to pass on. Life is on the up, and nothing succeeds like success.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why do younger woman marry older men has to do many times with the aspect of financial security that these older men have. Compile that with the fact that JW woman are persuaded to marry only JWS men and the results are obvious.

This happened to my own JWS father when my mother died, there was woman 20 years younger than himself that went after him, they got married within a couple months . Unfortunately the marriage was not a good one, she was mentally off balanced and had been married 4 times previously.

She nevertheless will win because she has a paid for home to live in when my father dies and that may happen soon for he's 84 and in poor health.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Prologos, you do have a point. There are many cultures in which the practice of young women marrying older men is quite common. The older man satisfies those young women's need for security.

However, where this becomes problematic is that the union may benefit the two who married - the older man gets a nursemaid in his declining years and the young woman gets security far faster than if she married a younger man who still has to accumulate his wealth. - but the ones who pay the price are the children born from that union.

I have met a few people who had an elderly father. Their fathers were elderly - over 50 and more - when they were born. These children often miss out on what other children have - a father who engages in sport and play with them, and quite often, that elderly father is already long gone when it is time for them to mark their rites of passage.

Not only that, but grandchildren never get to benefit from the wisdom of the grandfather - he is long gone before they are born.

December-May relationships work well for the two who decide to hook up - but not so well for the children.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

My husband & I met and married at the KH, he is 15-20 years older than me. We have been married for close to 20 years now, but came out of that stupid religion only a few years ago.

We are *not* pedophiles, as SoWhatNow most incorrectly said. Nor are we mentally unbalanced (other than what this cult has done, but that continues to improve as we journey out of it together!) There are some who may claim we are mentally diseased apostates, but that is a whole other thing.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've noticed there are professional widows in JW Land also. When they find out about a widower in the Hall that has just located their or something they make there move. The one case in particular I know about (although there are many) is that this Brother called his family and said that there's a sister in the Hall that keeps hanging on to him trying to get his attention and it was really bothering him. About 3 or 4 months later he calls his grown kids and sister and says he's getting married.

When he died, and it wasn't a mysterious death it was a legit health problem, the wife didn't even attend the memorial at the Hall, made sure he had all his paperwork in order, which means she got the property and house he had instead of his adult children and they haven't heard from this faithful servant of Jah since their father's death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit