Danielson's Epiphany, or BS

by Danielson 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Danielson
    Danielson

Its occurred to me that one of the main reasons I even came to this website was not to bash my fellow JWs (dubs) or trash the manmade,self-appointed sole channel of God's truth and salvation, but to develop a healthy thinking pattern. To challenge myself and my beliefs. Just as others have commented I'm personally going to try and be more positive and considerate of others. I'm here to learn and to grow, not sulk that I may be in a mind control cult, cause theres alot of other religions out there that either before or now possess many of these characteristics, proving once again the mundane, rather then divine origin of JWdom. Thank for letting me rammble!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Well stated Danielson, your'e going to go a long way I can tell, actually your'e words had an almost poetical rapper style to them, you enjoy singing or making up songwriting lyrics by any chance?

Take good care of yourself & best wishes.

Mark

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

nah celt - thats years and years of out-of-tune kingdum melodies

danielson - welcome - i echo your thoughts ... epiphany - have you heard staind's version ?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think when we speak about being more positive, it means to respect other members of this same board. We all have a right to choose our path, whether to be religious or not, etc.

But as far as commenting on the WT Society and their actions, part of our growth has to come from realizing we believed wrong things, and were led down the garden path by an organization that promised the moon and delivered crap.

It's just calling a spade a spade. Many excellent posts here point out the fallacy of many past and present Society doctrines. Now if we bash individual JW's, we may be going a bit too far.

So Society-BASHING doesn't have to be the MAIN reason a person comes here, but a little of it can be psychologically healthy (as long as doing so helps you let go of it!!).

Disclaimer: The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health experts or professionals, and is solely the opinion of a fuzzy and somewhat cute rodent.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit