You_Know, I'm tired of.... Defend your position

by willy_think 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willy_think
    willy_think

You_know
    the most abhorrent work a Christian can perform is to teach his children and brothers that there is no heavenly road open to them. That no amount of faith, works or grace will save them from annihilation.
    You claim there are two classes of Christians the anointed, ( saints or the brothers of Christ) and those who's only hope is the resurrection of the flesh. (Jehovah's slaves)
    the only problem with it is the bible doesn't agree and Jesus didn't teach it.

Eph. 3:14-15- we are all one family in heaven and on earth, united together, as children of the Father.

Eph. 1:22-23; 5:23-32; Col. 1:18,24 - and this family is in Jesus Christ, the head of the body, which is the Church.

1 Cor. 12:12,27; Rom. 12:5; Col. 3:15; Eph. 4:4 - we are the members of the one body of Christ, supernaturally linked together.

Rom. 8:35-39 - therefore, death does not separate the family of God and the love of Christ. We are still united with each other, even beyond death.

Matt. 22:32; Mark 12:27; Luke 20:38 - God is the God of the living not the dead. The living on earth and in heaven are one family.

John 15:1-6 - Jesus is the vine and we are the branches. The good branches are not cut off at death. They are alive in heaven.

1 Cor. 12:26- when one member suffers, all suffer. When one is honored, all rejoice. We are in this together as one family.

1 Cor 13:12; 1 John 3:2 - now we see in a mirror dimly, but in heaven we see face to face. Saints are more alive than we are!

Heb. 12:1 - we are surrounded by a great glory cloud (shekinah) of witnesses, our family in heaven. We are not separated.

1 Peter 2:9; Rev. 20:6 - we are a royal family of priests by virtue of baptism. We as priests intercede on behalf of each other.

2 Peter 1:4 - since God is the eternal family and we are His children, we are partakers of His divine nature as a united family.

1 Cor. 1:2; Rom. 1:7 - we are called to be saints. Saints refer to both those on earth and in heaven who are in Christ. Proof:

Acts 9:13,32,41; 26:10; 1 Cor. 6:1-2; 14:33; 2 Cor. 1:1; 8:4; 9:1-2; 13:13; Rom. 8:27; 12:23; 15:25,26, 31; 16:2,15; Eph. 1:1,15,18; 3:8; 5:3; 6:18; Phil. 1:1; 4:22; Col 1:2,4,26; 1 Tm 5:10; Philemon 1:5,7; Heb. 6:10; 13:24; Jude 1:3; Rev. 11:18; 13:7; 14:12; 16:6; 17:6;18:20,24; Rev 19:8; 20:9 - Christians are called "saints" on earth.

Matt. 27:52; Eph. 2:19; 3:18; Col. 1:12; 2 Thess. 1:10; Rev. 5:8; 8:3-4; 11:18; 13:10 - but "saints" are also those in heaven united with us.

• willy_think
  • TR
    TR

hmmm.... Methinks you know will not respond, or he will spend 2 days typing a reply. Good points, willy.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• AlanF
    AlanF

Arguing about who goes to heaven is like a bunch of children arguing about who gets to ride the purple unicorn ahead of the others.

The biggest problem for JWs like You Know is that they can't give any evidence whatsoever that their leaders comprise some special body of "Christ's brothers" who are so much better than every other Christian that God appointed them to a position of spiritual authority over anyone at all. These lunatics simply decided to lord it over anyone who was stupid enough to follow them, and they shun anyone who questions their lunatic claims. This most fundamental of JW teachings is entirely built on smoke and mirrors.

AlanF

• willy_think
    willy_think

Alan,
    from the perspective of an atheist I can appreciate your analogy as to the nature of the "argument," however from the perspective of a Christian it is fundamental to the our sense of self, our place in the universe and to the nature of our relationship with our God.

I agree with your position that the biggest problem with the WT is there total lack of authority, but authority is not the only issue that is worthy of discussion. I believe this separation of Christians into classes to be one of the root causes for much of the anxiety people in the WT and people exiting the org. Struggle with.

I hope You_know will respond I feal this issue is important to anyone who would call himself a Christian.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

AlanF, TR, willy... I hold the utmost respect for all of you and your arguments. I agree with each of you. ALanF I have found some of your posts and information very helpful in attempting to reach some of my own family members still on the inside.

Each of you has been a member of this website even longer than me, and do you really think YouKnow is going to respond? Or that if he does, it will be anything other than hogwash? Whats the sense in attempting to kid yourself? Time and again you, I and several others have made him and his viewpoint look just outright silly.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit