My brother and cousin...

by mindfield 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• mindfield
    mindfield

Well, good news. I know I wrote an earlier post in which I said my brother and cousin no longer attended meetings. Well, I was a little off. My cousin did stop attending meetings. My brother went to another ... 5 meetings. And to my greatest surprise, my parents didn't force him to attend more! Weee...!

So my brother and cousin are completely out. And I just recently learned how my cousin pulled it off... he had a little help from his DA'd brother. His brother, which had had lots of judicial problems earlier with his parents, actually threatened them! He said if they didn't let him not go to meetings and preach, my cousin would get out of the household and go to a foster home. Imagine that! Needless to say, my uncle/aunt buckled, and agreed. Now I can guess what will happen when my cousin will turn 18. Out the house, methinks. But he still has another 4-5 years ahead of him. And his brother will surely give him a place to stay.

Now that was the good news!

The bad news? Umm., well, you can check out my "Long-Distance Relationships" post which has finished in broken hearts and sorrow. That's the bad news... Oh well, you can never have perfection, right?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Good news, man. I know how you feel.

ashi

• Kep
    Kep

That's great, I wish I had the balls and courage to do that when I was that age.
    Also, there are plenty more fish in the sea.
    Take care.
    Kep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit