info for lurkers...like me

by Axelspeed 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Just wanted to say this since I have no where else at the moment to vent at the moment and for lurkers...also, it might be timely since COC has been under discussion in a few threads lately. I am doing research and taking it slowly right now.

I know lot's have been helped by COC, even me, as it put a lot of things into perspective. But for any like myself who want to look a little deeper ....I might also suggest you take a look at ISOCF. I know it's a thick read, but for doctrinal issues and reasoning that confronts questions many are afraid to ask (or have no one to ask), it's worth the look. I read through COC in about 3 days, and it pretty much confirmed a lot. But if you have been "taught from infancy", like many, I suggest ISOCF. If you are like me, I believe some of the info is so overwheming at first, you might literally be able to only read a few pages at a time. The chapters "Indoctrination & Subordination" and "Argumentation and Manipulation" are incredible must read imho (when i got to them my pace slowed to a crawl just because it was so overwhelming)and you'd have to be pretty well indoctrinated at one point to appreciate the significance. For most here I know i'm preaching to the choir....but wanted to say this for those who doctrinally (or for whatever reason) may need more.

ps. i also want to thank those who responded to my original post (if you even remember)...it was a while back.

SixofNine
    SS
    flower
    Inquiry
    Adonai438
    Scully
    Gopher
    Freepeace
    terafera
    betweenworlds
    RedHorseWoman
    dungbeetle
    Marilyn
    ladonna
    & precious_lil_1

It was kinda rude of me not to respond with a thanks, but emotionally I just was not up to it at the time. please accept my apologies.

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Axelspeed,

I was helped too by COC. I think your advice is good!

BTW, did you post as "Axel" on H2O?

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

No, I'm pretty much new. By the way, here is the post you first responded to.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18453&site=3#226555

• Gopher
    Gopher

Axelspeed -- glad to hear from you again.

We owe thanks to Ray Franz for exposing the truth about the WT Society as only he could do. Also we can thank Simon for working hard to establish and maintain this support and fellowship site.

COC was enough for me, it helped me untangle from the mental bondage to the WT Society. I found ISOCF a bit heavy, and now it has earned an esteemed place in the "I might get to this" part of my bookshelf. After my experience with the "one true brotherhood" or so they say, I find it hard to let any organization come in and control or monitor or remind me how I should or shouldn't worship. That's where I've landed, some are able to (or feel the need to) gain fellowship with other religions or belief systems. Hopefully they're not trading the frying pan for a fire!

Anyhow, I hope to hear more from you in the future.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I agree ISOCF is a bit heavy, but I find the reasoning and the "it was always there but I didn't see it" factor compelling, even if somewhat telling about my own indoctrination.
    I am definitely not looking for a new "religion" or something else to latch on to...just freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit