Bad Impressions

by SYN 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

OK, I know I'm way out of line speaking like this to people who've been on this board 10 times longer than me, and on other XJW boards before that too, but don't you guys think that these giant flame wars are discouraging to people who're thinking of leaving the Society?

Even worse - what if tomorrow a Watchtower came out with threads from this site plastered all over it, and with titles like - "This is what apostates are like - do you want to be like them"

I know that that'll never happen in reality, but I do think that there are people here who need to chill out. We must help each other! Remember, we have bigger fish to fry! People are looking at this board and saying to themselves - "Hell, this doesn't look so rosy to me. I think I'll just stay in the BORG!" (Rather the devil you know than the devil you don't, eh?)

Maybe we should start a Peace Process like they have in Bosnia or something, ehehE! Although I think if this carries on for much longer we're gonna have to call in the United Nations in any case to sort out the trouble...

On a more serious note, many of the people who've been involved in these flame wars are the same people who's posts I've been reading for a couple of months now, and I'd grown to respect these Older Ones and their wisdom, only to have my faith in several of them shot down by their antics. Now a whole bunch of people are leaving the board, and all of this over a silly flame war! Is it just me, or does this suck?

This motivational message brought to you in the hopes of a reconciliation...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Hey SYN

You're up late! Good point(s), I agree with you! BTW have replied to your thread on queer animals...

When you coming to Blighty to visit Matt and I??

Britty xx

"My body is a Temple NOT an Amusement Park"

• SYN
    SYN

I never started a gay animal thread! I'll go have a lookie..yeah, it's about 12PM here, and I'm watching a huge flame-thrower contest develop all over the world. Not cool.

I'd kill to visit you guys in England, but right now I can't get my hands on a passport 'cause of the waiting period...argh...bloody African governments!!!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Satanus
    Satanus
    what if tomorrow a Watchtower came out with threads from this site plastered all over it, and with titles like - "This is what apostates are like - do you want to be like them"

I don't give a flying fig what the wt prints. They can pick all the dirt off this board and print a book about how bad appostates are. The bs will still be shown for what it is eventually. It's not like jw's have to make a choice between the wt and this little group.

You do have a point though. I think we are pretty fucked up.

SS

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Get a freaking passport and husstle yourself to our fair shores!! I'll buy you a pint... otherwise be prepared to spend R40 on one!! That's only R120 a round for the three of us! LOL. Come and visit us asap, we'll look after you!

• SYN
    SYN

OK, this isn't one of those beer threads, but...

Britty: Yikes! My entire salary spent on a few rounds of the sour stuff! Holy MOLEY! Our exchange rate here is a fewking joke, that's for sure...

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

SYN

Heres the plan... you come and visit us... Matt has LOADS of SINGLE female Doctor friends just gagging for a Southerner... we'll arrange a few dates, you can choose one... get married and HEY PRESTO Duel Citizenship and you'll have pulled a Doctor too!!

Brit xx

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Sweet! See, this is why all straight men should have lots of cool gay friends...hot chicks always hang out with gay guys, SHAZAAAM! Bingo! Hole in one! *ROFL*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit