Another "reaching out" guilt trip this weekend, apparently.

by OneEyedJoe 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I just got word that the brothers of my congregation is "encouraged to attend a special meeting" this saturday. I was told to bring the OD book, and the 9/15/14 and 4/15/15 Study WTs. Judging by the articles in those, it's going to be another guilt trip to get all us dead-beat kids in our 20s and 30s to "reach out" to be Jr. cult leaders.

Anyone else hear of this, or is this just my congregation? Our congregation's BOE is getting pretty elderly and only like 1 in 10 of the eligible men below the age of 40 are doing anything beyond passing mics and occasionally running the sound booth. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a local thing. They did this a few years ago, though, and I was told on here that that one wasn't an isolated occurrence.

One thing is for sure. With the current rate of attrition of the youth and complete failure to bring in new converts from elsewhere, this cult is headed for some shakeup in the not-too-distant future.

• skin
    skin
    I haven't heard of one being planned in our area. But I've been to them before. "We need more brothers to take the lead". I only show up to these to keep everyone happy.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I only show up to these to keep everyone happy.

That's more than I'll be doing. When I got the text from my father-in-law it was all I could do not to reply with something super snarky indicating that I'm not going to be there. That'd probably be a bad decision at this stage though.

Last time they brought pictures of some of the geezer elders from their pre-cult days to show everyone. "Look at this douchebag! You'd never think he'd be the shining example of an elder you see before you, would ya!" That was the approach they took with it. I guess in their mind it must be some excess humility that keeps the kids from wanting to have anything to do with the cult beyond the bare minimum. They just can't fathom that the younger ones just don't see the point or *ghasp* have made a contentious decision not to get more deeply involved.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Nothing about this at out hall. Our elders sure are old though. About one of them has died each year for the past few years. Most of the 30 year olds in our hall are MS but really no signs of them reaching out beyond that.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I had those sort of meetings a couple of times, it is either pre or post CO visit by a few weeks i reckon, it's just the local BOE trying to show or take some initiative in "encouraging" i.e guilting the dick swingers to reach out.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Yeah, Lassie took the lead better than any Elder I've known!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Let's see....be abused and used by the the loving organization that appreciates no one and takes all our money and dignity or sleep in on Saturday and Sunday & go to park and have fun. Hmmm...which will I choose?

Gee, I wonder why no one is reaching out?

• bradford
    bradford
    Actually it is probably the elders trying a last ditch effort to tell the CO they were doing a great job of training the brothers for additional privileges of service. #fail
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I had those sort of meetings a couple of times, it is either pre or post CO visit by a few weeks i reckon, it's just the local BOE trying to show or take some initiative in "encouraging" i.e guilting the dick swingers to reach out.

Hmm. CO was maybe 6 weeks ago. Maybe it took them a while to get to it because of the memorial. This last visit was the last one with this guy, so maybe they're trying to look like they got their s**t together for the new one. From what I understand the departing CO gave the elders a reaming for not doing enough harassment (excuse me, shepherding) calls on people. They probably want to avoid that sort of thing this next time around.

• prologos
    prologos
    lip service the society is dumbing down the training of fresh blood. no more stand-aup talks for up and coming brothers in the TMS, the same boring fogies or predictable, boring super egos monopolizing the platform . what do you expect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit