Thank God For Disfellowshipping!

by Nicola.threeangelsmessage 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicola.threeangelsmessage
    Nicola.threeangelsmessage

I had the misfortune of being born into the JW faith. However, I thank God every day that I was disfellowshipped otherwise I would never have found the Truth. Good riddance to the Watchtower Bible Track Society’s false publications, especially that book they claim contains the Holy Scriptures – it is deceitful and full of darkness, and gets darker with every revision! God’s Holy Word the Bible is now my sole compass to salvation. It guides me into all truths; it is living and powerful, and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that I, a daughter of God (2Cor 6:18; 1John 3:1; Rom 8:14,16) may be complete, and thoroughly equipped for every good work. (Heb 4:12; 2Tim 3:16-17).

The Bible tells me that God Himself will teach me (Heb 8:10-11; Jer 31:31-34; John 6:45); nowhere does God’s Word say I need a group of men called the faithful and discreet slave to interpret Bible doctrine for me - to the contrary! In fact the Bible says in John 14:26 the Holy Spirit will teach me all things (emphasis on “all”). I believe and fully trust in these promises from God because He has revealed many wonderful truths and teachings in the Bible to both my husband and I who are constantly seeking Him (Jer 29:13). God’s Word, and God’s Word alone has transformed our lives. We have grown stronger spiritually and drawn closer to Him. We can definitely testify that we are now new creatures in Christ (2Corithians 5:17; Rom 6:3-4) and are very happy!

Moreover, God says if I confess all my sins to Him (not to sinful elders as per JW false doctrine), He is faithful and just to cleanse me of all (emphasis on “all”) my sins and unrighteousness (1John 1:9; 2:1-2; Matt 12:31-32). And my High Priest, Jesus Christ cleanses and sanctifies me with His precious blood in the Heavenly Sanctuary (Hebrews chapter 7 and 8). I do not need sinful elders to be my intercessors before God, they do not qualify according to Rom 3:23 – only Jesus has the right to advocate on my behalf to the Father and is the only propitiation for my sins (1John 2:1-2; John 14:6; Acts 10:43). Thank you Lord Jesus, you are perfect!

Jesus warned His followers that they will be put out of the synagogues - even be killed by men who think they are offering God service, and these things they do because they do not know Him or the Father (John 16:1-3). There are many sincere, God fearing elders in the JW organisation who are sadly ignorant of the truth and blindly follow false doctrine set by hand full of men in Brooklyn who they have never met and know nothing about. Unfortunately their ignorance of God’s will, the Bible says, will bring upon them everlasting destruction when Jesus comes (1Thes 1:8-9) – there is no excuse for ignorance, the Bible is very clear about this. I also hope and pray for their sakes, that Matthew 6:14-15; 7:1-5, more specifically verse 2 of the latter will not be read out to them on that day.

Thank God for disfellowshipping!

Kiki

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome Nicola.

If you don't mind my asking were you disfellowshipped for apostasy?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Nicola. Lovely to have another awakened member here.

You have a P.M.

• bsmart
    bsmart
    Welcome! It's nice knowing the big A is not just around the corner.
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Nicola.threeangelsmessage, Somehow I feel that you would have awakened even if you were not Df'ed. A former friend was Df'ed and she actively worked to be reinstated twice. A not uncommon result.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome Nicola. Being disfellowshipped was like a second violent birth into the real world for me. I was forced to sink or swim. I was forced to grow up and take responsibility for the direction and meaning of my life - which had been pretty much a regressive affair up to that point.

Like all new borns, I struggled with staying alive without input from others, but I made it.

I wouldn't wish that type of struggle on anyone - yet it would be a damn shame to have gone through that kind of struggle and not derived direction and meaning from it.

I was disfellowshipped a scared, pessimistically worried child but emerged a courageous, forward looking man capable of handling the hard knocks and deadly disapproval of virtually everyone I had known up until that point in time.

May your journey be as courage-building for you as well.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi Nicola, it's good that you escaped the Watchtower stranglehold but by golly! you are still in there believing unsupportable fairy tale teachings and wrangling with the devil. I’m glad that you at least feel good about this! (Be prepared to find out the TTATBible as well).

Nicola.threeangelsmessage

Thank you all for your welcome and for sharing your experiences and comments with me. Really nice hearing from you. I'm pleased I joined this forum and looking forward to sharing my sad childhood experiences as a JW and happy ones as a non-denominational Christian.

I notice that some of you have become atheist, and I completely understand your reasons for that - well at least I think I do. It can be rather difficult to love a God that claims to have given you free will, but at the same time twists your arm and threatens to separate you from your family and friends if you don't obey him and his "JW organisation" - sounds like one twisted and totally confused God, I wouldn't want to serve him either. Imagine spending eternity with a God like that!

Folks, the God of the Bible, the True God, is totally opposite to the merciless, unforgiving, cruel, confused, its-my-way-or-Iose-your-family-&-friends God that was conjured up by the dark forces directing the JW org. The God of the Bible, the Living God is all loving, faithful and just, completely abounded in grace and mercy - He's a wonderful, caring God. I love Him with all my heart, His beautiful, and I look forward to spending eternity with Him. The JW organisation hid this truth from us; it's hiding it from it current members, its hidden so many biblical truths, that if you knew only a fraction of what God has prepared for you, you would understand the intense love He has for you, and His great desire for you to be saved. The True God, the Creator, is a God of liberty, His Law is a testimony of that. If all His creation obeyed it, then we would all be most certainly free today. I hope you will not allow the JW org to forever hinder your opportunity of finding the True God - seek Him and you will find Him. I did!

Anyway, enough of my preaching.

Really nice hearing from you all.

Blessings!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The God of the Bible, the Living God is all loving, faithful and just, completely abounded in grace and mercy - He's a wonderful, caring God.

You signed up yesterday and have just two posts under your belt; I hope everyone will give you enough time and space to settle in and feel truly included.

Welcome to the forum nicola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit